Clutch switch wiring

Matt2105

Registered
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum but not to forums in general. I picked up my first busa yesterday after owning three 600s and I'm going through the bike fixing things that are wrong/that I dislike.

First thing is the clutch switch has been bypassed. Essentially, he took the two wires that plug into the switch and connected them together. So I went ahead and pulled them apart and put them back on the switch. The wires are the same color so I tried the wires one way and then tried them the other way and neither works.

Should my next step be to swap the clutch switch altogether? And upon doing so, is their a picture or wiring diagram that shows me which wire goes to which connector on the switch?

Thanks guys.

EDIT: The aftermarket clutch lever is the problem. I pulled the switch and checked it and it makes the contacts as it should. So I shined a light between the lever and the switch and the lever doesnt make enough contact with the switch to engage it. Looks like I'll be replacing my levers sooner than I expected.

On second thought, it does have some aftermarket chrome levers (which I'll be changing as well for some Pazzos or CRGs). Is it possible that the levers aren't activating the switch and if that's the case, is their anyway to remedy this?

Any particular reason to reconnect the switch other than you want it hooked up?

Post ***** from Canada

They say that bypassing that switch actually drops your horsepower around 10-20 at the rear wheel. There's been a large debate on it on the gixxer forum and they've posted dyno graphs showing drops as well.

I went ahead and ordered the "Chazzo" lever set last night. They emailed me this morning saying they've shipped them out so hopefully that will remedy this. Plus they'll look good imo.

These are the levers currently on there: Photo Gallery

yes, i had this problem with my aftermarket levers. i took pictures of what i had to do if you need them.

They say that bypassing that switch actually drops your horsepower around 10-20 at the rear wheel. There's been a large debate on it on the gixxer forum and they've posted dyno graphs showing drops as well.

Hog wash.. I don't believe that at all.

Hog wash.. I don't believe that at all.

Yeah, I'm sorta with you on that one. But if it is true then shazaam, If I rehook mine up then I may need wings.

But seriously the 2 wires going thru the switch only cut or complete the circuit and should make no difference in direction. I had a switch of mine on a gen 2 get sticky and would stay partially in the engaged position which in turn would over ride the switch same as bypassing it but on the gen 2 throws up a C40 FI code, cleaned switch with a little WD and it is back to normal. So even though you hooked it back up it may be stuck, check and see if it has a good click when you work the lever.

Back