S1k rims on a gen 2 help

datboifred

Registered
Hi, I have a 2011 hayabusa and a friend gave me his old rims off of his 2014 BMW S1K with axles and all since they been sitting in his garage for years. I've always enjoyed the look of them anyway plus I want to change up the look of my bike. Anyone know if this is possible?

20221016_160907.jpg

16659582776504051165143882812819.jpg

I think you are in new territory....I've heard of R1 conversions but not a Beemer conversion...
That's what I was thinking. I've looked around and haven't found a single person that has the s1k conversion. I've seen the R1 conversion done before so I would believe it's possible. I was on a forums a couple of years ago and there was a guy that makes custom axles or bearings for people doing conversions but I've been unable to find or remember where i saw the original post. I have the rear axle also. I just didn't place it back inside the rim.

Knowing BMW, they likely directed their wheel designers to deliberately remove every single common aspect of compatibility. That would ensure that no one would ever mount their wheels on "any of those other substandard vehicles."

Knowing BMW, they likely directed their wheel designers to deliberately remove every single common aspect of compatibility. That would ensure that no one would ever mount their wheels on "any of those other substandard vehicles."
Definitely sounds like something BMW would do honestly. I'm gonna try it out anyway once my bike is finished in the shop to see how it could look

Definitely sounds like something BMW would do honestly. I'm gonna try it out anyway once my bike is finished in the shop to see how it could look
You will spearhead the idea, hopefully it works out.

There will be a few things to consider, spacer off-set to align the brake discs and rear sprocket....once those are sorted out, I can't see why these rims wouldn't work...

At least this was the biggest challenge when fitting R1 rims.

Back