Gen. 2 fairings for a Gen. 1 hayabusa

Kaptainnick

Registered
I’ve bought a 2002 hayabusa and it has some scratches on the side of the fairings. My buddy gave me a full set of Gen. 2 fairings believing that they would fit my Gen. 1 hayabusa. Does anyone know if the Gen. 2 side fairings will fit a Gen. 1 bike?

I’ve bought a 2002 hayabusa and it has some scratches on the side of the fairings. My buddy gave me a full set of Gen. 2 fairings believing that they would fit my Gen. 1 hayabusa. Does anyone know if the Gen. 2 side fairings will fit a Gen. 1 bike?
Nope not without changing all the fairings and doing some modding to make them fit.

Someone on this forum did a gen 1 to gen 2 fairing swap....it was pretty labor intensive but he managed to finish it...

You would need the upper fairing mount, headlight assembly, rear sub frame, the gas tank is shaped different as well so the side fairings won't line up properly without it.

It's a big job for little gain and loss of the iconic gen 1 looks (IMO).

Back