S-DMS functionality with PCIII:

cbayne

Registered
The general consensus appears to be that it is not possible to integrate the Power Commander with the S-DMS mapping selector switch. (Too bad for Dynajet when people stop using their product because they have failed to evolve their product to meet customer needs).

2 Questions:

1) Does anyone know of another manufacture (of mapping device) that integrates with this standard feature?

2) Does anyone know if it would be possible to route 3 separate PCIII's through the S-DMS switch in order to have functionality of this selector switch with 3 different custom maps?

Any information would be much-appreciated. :banghead:

The general consensus appears to be that it is not possible to integrate the Power Commander with the S-DMS mapping selector switch. (Too bad for Dynajet when people stop using their product because they have failed to evolve their product to meet customer needs).

2 Questions:

1) Does anyone know of another manufacture (of mapping device) that integrates with this standard feature?

2) Does anyone know if it would be possible to route 3 separate PCIII's through the S-DMS switch in order to have functionality of this selector switch with 3 different custom maps?

YES, The "factory" S-DMS will work with the PC3R.

The PC3 will apply the loaded map to all of the S-DMS modes. The PC3 is unaware of the S-DMS. The PC3 will modify the the fuel only.

(Too bad for Dynajet when people stop using their product because they have failed to evolve their product to meet customer needs).
??? I have tried to understand the obvious logic in this statement, but it still escapes me.

Perhaps DynoJet is of the opinion that if folks are looking to increase power/drivability of their Busa by using their products, then likely enough, these customers are not interested in neutering the available power by using the A-B-C mode switch.

Just a guess, mind you.... :whistle: :laugh:

2 Questions:

It actually isnt 3 different maps for the mode selector , it just cuts down throttle position. If you want map selectability .... just buy a bazzaz and get a handle bar map switch selector and make the maps you want. Damn sure dont waste your time or money on 3 PCIII's ... they are a dying breed.

Couldn't a person put a on off switch on the PC3, with it off, you would revert back to the Mode selection ?
About the only use for the mode selection, that I could see, would be a weather factor. C mode for real wet roads.
The k8 has such smooth throttle response that i never worry about wet road traction. and never used the selectors anyways.

Couldn't a person put a on off switch on the PC3, with it off, you would revert back to the Mode selection ?
About the only use for the mode selection, that I could see, would be a weather factor. C mode for real wet roads.
The k8 has such smooth throttle response that i never worry about wet road traction. and never used the selectors anyways.

You may not use them bro, but many others do. I like being able to dial back the torque in inclement weather. With all the technology out there, why would I accept a product that neuters a key feature (not a gimmick) on a ultra powerful bike running on patches of tire no bigger than a strip of cellophane tape? Rumor has it that, the new PC will address these shortcomings, also I have read where guys running turbochargers on their '08's actually made more power in B and C modes thanks to the richer mixture and reduced timing (according to them)

Remove your secondary throttle plates and you will see this isn't true.

A alternative map cant be found flashed into the ECU. Maybe you could enlighten me how it works? Maybe it works off percentage , but three maps flashed there arent.

Thanks Donnie

Last edited:
Try the 3 modes just so you know what the settings do. I doubt that you will ever ride in anything but "A" mode after the initial novelty wears off. I checked out B and C for all of about 5 minutes each.

A mode you have a Hayabusa. B mode you have an older model GS1000, C mode you have a Burgman scooter..............

I know for a fact it works fine with the PC. People can say what they want but this feature is very useful. I live about 50 miles from the Gap and ride it often. I use B mode at the Dragon and I am much smoother coming out of the tight turns. I go back to A mode on the Skyway and C works great in the rain.

Hi high-gain, Can you please explain this statment a little more? Im kinda confused on what he/you are saying. Thx bro :beerchug:

I tried to give him enough time to answer you , but since he isnt replying .... i think i can clarify. Hi gain is telling me to remove the secondary throttle plates , in your throttle bodies on the Gen II you have 2 throttle blades. One acts like a normal throttle blade and opens with throttle .... the second throttle baldes closes with selections of the mode switch on your handle bars. If i would remove these plates that restrict air flow and use the mode switch and the bike acted different , then there would be a map change. I have dug into the factory ECU to find only 1 map. If High gains statement is true , i would bet the factory is using a percentage table .... Example mode c closes throttle blades and pulls 40% across the map , Mode B opens throttle blades a little more and pulls 20% across the map and mode A opens secondaries wide open and runs off the flashed map. There is only 1 map in the ECU.

Back