Running Red Lights!

Jet Li

What is the AWESOME????
Donating Member
Registered
Please excuse me but, I just have to rant a little.

It seems like people running red lights in my town of Columbus is just getting waaaaaaaaaaay out of hand. Just the other day, I counted 4, yes that is FOUR, cars turn left accross the intersection after the green light for people to proceed straight came on!

pissed.gif

This is just insane! I have personal knowledge of 6 people in the last month, that is only 17 days old who have suffered injury secondary to people running red lights.

So, I kinda took action yesterday. You tell me if I am displaying road rage or in the least just endangering my own safety. I was first at the light and when the light changed to green I punched it and laid on my horn while these morons tried to pour across the intersection through their left turn red arrow. Well the first person flipped me off and kept going, the second one slammed on the brakes and was forced to sit in the middle of the intersection as well as the one behind them.

I feel good that I stopped two of them from taking my right of way, and feel free to bash me if that is what is needed.

Thanks for listening.

Tom, out!!!
rant.gif

I do the same thing.... since my poor car is almost officially a POS and the other guys car is more than likely worth 10 times the value of mine... I let them get all PO'd and sit there and stew while I and all the folks behind me parade past them! Sue me too.

Don't blame you at all, but the law says you can't proceed until the intersection is clear. The only thing that will stop them is putting in camera's at every intersection and mailing them tickets or putting a cop on the corner to pull them over. Some people just don't give a s**t.

Sounds like a perfect spot for cameras and an automatic ticketing system...
guns.gif

Getting very bad everywhere.   when I was in Miami for a year you would see 10 per day easy.  I was almost hit once in the car and once on the bike.  When in the car I followed the offender, it did not even phase her.  She was on the phone and not even looking when I blasted the horn.

I think with a left hand turn... If you are already in the intersection I think you are allowed to continue your left turn...

Although there is one light that I always make a left on the red arrow... The lights are timed so funny that there is never traffic coming from the other way they are stuck a full light down from the light I sneak through... I obviously would never do it with anyone coming.

Running redlights with cross traffic is a different story though... You should see center city. They are nuts...

What is worse though are the friggin pedastrains that lolly gag across the cross walk and never let you make your frigging turn.

(jessup @ Aug. 17 2007,10:56) I think with a left hand turn... If you are already in the intersection I think you are allowed to continue your left turn...
That is just it. People are 2 and 4 cars back from the intersection, the light turns red and they just keep coming.

I'll blast thru, too. If the light turns green - *I* have the right-of-way! If you want to illegally make your left turn (i.e. - you entered the intersection illegally by turning on a red light) - go ahead and prove that it is my fault that YOU get hit! Most always will the person turning get the citation for Failure to Yield the Right-of-way!

I did that with my last truck - it was old, I really didn't care if it got hit. Fugger tried to turn left in front of me - he had a solid green light with the sign stating that those turning must yield to oncoming traffic. He tried to sneak a left turn in front of me - big mistake...I plowed him! His little Honda didn't hold up too well to the bumper of my 4x4!

(jessup @ Aug. 17 2007,12:56) I think with a left hand turn... If you are already in the intersection I think you are allowed to continue your left turn...
True - but the law states that when the light turns yellow, one is supposed to slow and be prepared to stop - not speed up to make it thru the intersection!

(Jet Li @ Aug. 17 2007,13:29)
(jessup @ Aug. 17 2007,10:56) I think with a left hand turn... If you are already in the intersection I think you are allowed to continue your left turn...
That is just it. People are 2 and 4 cars back from the intersection, the light turns red and they just keep coming.
I know, we need to have spike strips installed at these busy intersections. They automatically pop-up when the light turns red. Start ruining tires and people will start to get the message!

You guys be careful 5000 lb. toyz hurt. Lawlessness seems to be the rule today. Just asked to start writing tickets for red lights and stop signs.

Complain to the Chief of police in writing, then to the town council. Good Luck

(omslaw @ Aug. 17 2007,13:14)
(Jet Li @ Aug. 17 2007,13
super.gif
)
I know, we need to have spike strips installed at these busy intersections. They automatically pop-up when the light turns red. Start ruining tires and people will start to get the message!
That would be pretty cool
laugh.gif

(dadofthree @ Aug. 17 2007,13:31) You guys be careful 5000 lb. toyz hurt. Lawlessness seems to be the rule today. Just asked to start writing tickets for red lights and stop signs.

Complain to the Chief of police in writing, then to the town council. Good Luck
Great idea, I think I will start a grass roots movement here.
rock.gif

i was coming up to a 4 way stop sighn yesterday some ass in a SUV on a fuc#ing cellphone never looked maybe a 15mph roll. jack asses. i hate cell phones should be a huge fine.
super.gif

It's gotten to the point where even in the car, I pause at a green light and look both ways carefully... Never used to worry about it so much in the cage. Now though, you never know what coming or which idiot in an SUV will feel too self important to stop.

(VaBusa @ Aug. 17 2007,09:05) Sounds like a perfect spot for cameras and an automatic ticketing system...  
guns.gif
here in phoenix area there are cameras everywhere for that reason. people ar always flying through a red
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

(ranman @ Aug. 18 2007,08:58)
(VaBusa @ Aug. 17 2007,09:05) Sounds like a perfect spot for cameras and an automatic ticketing system...
guns.gif
here in phoenix area there are cameras everywhere for that reason. people ar always flying through a red
guns.gif
guns.gif
So, I wonder if the cameras are even a deterrent?

Funny, yesterday after posting this thread, I saw a person cruise through a red light and city LEO was on the other side of the intersection. He didn't even give the person a second look?
pissed.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

If I'm at the front of the light I pull out there as soon as the light turns
green and one may make it but that is it ...

Back