running my bike without the scavenge pump

What ECU are you running? Not sure why you need to remove the pump at all, just pull the plug. Do you have an adjustable timing light? When I verified my timing I set the FuelTech to 20° advance, set the timing light to 20°, pointed the light in that little hole and made the necessary adjustment in the ECU. Mine was off over 6°. Always a good idea to verify timing.

Screenshot_20221206_210655_Chrome.jpg

Can you mount the degree wheel, set the engine at the desired angle, then remove the degree wheel and mark the starter clutch?

What ECU are you running? Not sure why you need to remove the pump at all, just pull the plug. Do you have an adjustable timing light? When I verified my timing I set the FuelTech to 20° advance, set the timing light to 20°, pointed the light in that little hole and made the necessary adjustment in the ECU. Mine was off over 6°. Always a good idea to verify timing.

View attachment 1658338
Megasquirt MS 3.57
I am over thinking this

Degree Wheel to find true TDC and mark that in relationship to the factory mark

then I can mark it or just compensate
thank guys for helping me think this thru, Weekend Project

I would suggest marking the starter clutch at 15-20 degrees. Even at 10 degrees locked timing, the exhaust gets a bit toasty when revving the engine to check for timing drift!

Back