Scavenge pumps (mechanical)

boostinscooby

Registered
So I'm in the process of buying a new scavenge pump since the Mr. Turbo one lasted me a whopping 2 days. I want to see your guys' mechanical scavenge pump setups. (pictures please) Whether its NLR, MCXpress, Emptes, or Pimp pump. And I already know about the whole NLR sales the Emtes pump for 100% profit. NLR sales them for $400 and Emtes is going to ship me one for $200. LMAO NLR is out of their mind. Id see selling them for $250 or so since shipping would be faster but it only takes 5-7 days if you order directly from the manufacturer.

The whole reason for this thread is to clear some info up and see what has worked for you. Ive heard of having to use check valves in the feed/return lines, and even small catch cans below the turbo.

Thanks for the help once again!

Brett

I purchased on from mr turbo as well, lasted three months. I got one from Schintz & it has lasted much longer, though it might even be the same pump!:moon:

so did you end up getting your pump you need? My new pump just went out again, that makes three pumps in less then two years. Getting sick of this ****.

Thanks

Cody :please:

Yup, Mikael @ Emtes Engineering hooked me up. $220 shipped! I haven't installed it yet. I'm still waiting on my 750 ECU because I did a 750 swap and I have yet to put my turbo kit back on yet.

Yup, Mikael @ Emtes Engineering hooked me up. $220 shipped! I haven't installed it yet. I'm still waiting on my 750 ECU because I did a 750 swap and I have yet to put my turbo kit back on yet.

you got a website, any pics of it? Thanks man!

Probably looked at it wrong. lol The mr turbo/schnitz pumps suck!
:laugh: we had some issues with pumps that worked too well (ran dry) by putting an orifice in the discharge side, we were able to keep the pump a bit "wetter" .. these were belt driven mechanical pumps however

Yes they do, I think they are nothing but junk wrapped in black plastic, i think i could find something similar at the goodwill, might be better! :beerchug:

so the pump you got is mechanical not an electric pump? So it wont break on my ass? NICE. I emailed him telling him I wanted one as well. Thanks! :beerchug:

I probably wont use one. I just finished doing a 750 swap, and I am changing my fuel setup right now so I haven't put the turbo kit back on yet. Mikael from Emtes said he isn't using one on his street fighter bike, but he did say they recommend using one but it must have a check valve on it so you dont suck the seals out of the turbo.

did your come with a check valve? When you get it installed, let me know , show some pictures.

Thanks

Any pics yet? I was thinking about this pump and just stumbled into this thread. I saw this pump on NLR but thought 400 was a little steep.

Any pics yet? I was thinking about this pump and just stumbled into this thread. I saw this pump on NLR but thought 400 was a little steep.

I put the pump on but Im about half way through the process of making it work. I have a 750 motor so it isnt a direct bolt on for me because the bolt and spacer that comes with it is for a busa. I had to order a longer bolt (cost $1) and some spacers ($4). I will have the new bolt in tomorrow.

Here are the instalation instructions and a picture of Mikael's streetfighter from Emtes.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

That is a sick looking bike!! I am not quite puuting together this "T" that must be installed in the line to the turbo to go to the crankcase breather. How must this be setup? Thanks

Back