run out of battery....

scooterlord

Registered
hello there...

i've been in the army and although i left my mom start the bike, eventually she forgot to start it a few times and it's battery run out. very cold in here so i guess this also helped the battery run out. had the bike for 2 years now. is the busa's battery rechargarble? is it worth it? or should i get a new one? oem or...? i want something good. money is an issue ONLY if i get something that is worth it like the oem one.
eg if i can find exacty the same battery without the suzuki logo or something. sources are welcome. thanks in advance ppl.

ps i really really miss my busa. havent ridden it for a couple of months... sniff...
sad.gif

Yausa is the brand that comes in them from Suzuki,schnitz sells them.

It would'nt hurt to try and recharge it, but then again it has been two years.

it's probably no good. charge it and see if it holds the charge. if not, time to replace it

if it happens to charge how much will be the max for it to hold? i am asking to see if its worth recharging it. if i am to recharge for the starter to work a couple of times is not worth it. besides that, is the yuasa worth it? or should i try another cheaper brand? because more expensive may work for more time and turns out to be cheaper than 2 of the other brands..

get the -14s model battery... its 225cca and its much nicer to have... and then get a battery tender for $60 and you wont have to worry with it again
cool.gif

what he said. Do you really want to be coming outa somewhere at 2 in the morning and have to deal with a crummy battery. Buy the best one you can afford.
RSD.

Ok call me dumb, but could he not just push start/jump the bike, then ride around for a bit to recharge the battery? Then again, batteries shouldn't run out in a couple months of no use should they?

$0.02

Ok call me dumb, but could he not just push start/jump the bike, then ride around for a bit to recharge the battery? Then again, batteries shouldn't run out in a couple months of no use should they?

$0.02
If the battery is flat it will never hold anything except a surface charge.

$0.02
If the battery is flat it will never hold anything except a surface charge.
He is right. Once you run it down dead, it ruins the battery. Odyssey makes a gel battery that will hold half a charge for two years (can't remember the name), and I had one for a Sportster and it was exactly as claimed. I wrote and asked if they made one to fit the Bus and they said no. Real shame.

They make batteries for lawn tractors and such that sit all winter too.

Back