Rules for riding - simple, really

I am pretty lucky-- my best Bud never ever tries to match my pace--- he rides within his comfort zone always-- and i do my thing. Problem though he does not ride defencively. He makes me worry--
I talk to him often about this-- so if something were to happen to him-- all i can say is i tried. So far so good .

Here's one-
If your new to a group of riders and you get uncomfortable with there riding style or ability, smile thank them fo rhte ride and leave.
I rode with a group of 20-30 down here one day, and they all assured me before the ride that they all followed general curtosy and speed rules. 150 mph was the average of the group, they left me way behind, they went almost 30 miles in 18 minutes. Beyond the fact that when they all started they all wanted to jokey for position, it was like a superbike race on a back road. It was the scariest thing I ever experinced. 20 crap munchers flying by me doing wheelies right next to me cut me off, all to try to prove something.
I refuse to ride with any of them after that. I made it to the gas station asked where they were going next. They said left, I went right and had one of the best riding days I've had since moving here. so take all this for what it's worth.
There are some good people down here who ride and A LOT of people who want to cowboy up and show thier stuff. I don't ride with those guys much, mostly because I am uncomfortable with the changing group and the craziness. Some of them are great people and great riders, some of them are the opposite. I go and meet them occasionally on Sun, but if too many people that I don't know show up, and all they talk about is setting land speed records and 500 foot stopies, then I'll just have a bagel and head out on my own. There are a couple of people that I enjoy riding with, but I don't like the groups (20-50) people.....

BTW sent you a PM...

Back