tear off
   replace all roof vents + he wants to install 3 more
    new flashings
     he wants to use # 30 felt
      electro galvanized nails
       gutters cleaned
        10 yr labour guarantee
      he's recomending Malarkey Legacy S.B.S.  50 yr shingle

his price....3,760 CDN .   Thats about 3000.oo US .

questions/comments......
Comments?!?

This guy wants to flash you and clean your gutters?

WTF?!

Tell him to go piss up a rope!

Maybe this kinda stuff goes on in Canada, and probably jails in the US, and definately in the streets and barnyards of Mexico, but that sh!t dosen't fly here!

Maybe you could find some non-homo-roofer to do you up?

rsd, how many squares of shingles are going up? also the metal drip edge is a good idea but demand 30lb felt on the whole roof, not that much more cash. you do not need the metal valley, the ice and water shield is usually enough. plus be careful of how many roof vents you install. your house looks pretty new and if the plywood on the roof is in good shape no need for more vents. just my .02

dan

iamwithstupid.gif

rsd, how many squares of shingles are going up? also the metal drip edge is a good idea but demand 30lb felt on the whole roof, not that much more cash. you do not need the metal valley, the ice and water shield is usually enough. plus be careful of how many roof vents you install. your house looks pretty new and if the plywood on the roof is in good shape no need for more vents.  just my .02

dan
thx Dan.....good advice.....shid, I forget how many square...

the piece of roof thats gettin done is about 1400 sq ft .

30 pound.....ya baby....

kar.gif

If your staying in the house, go the distance bro... If you think you might be leaving in a few years... Save your pennies...

My .02 Bro...

But then again, if your roof is no longer leaking why bother at all? Looks like you have a good fix in place allready...
laugh.gif

where's my Loverboy CDs?
rock.gif
??

Seriously...how many squares?? That's what determines the pricing....felt/flashing/vents are cheap compared to the actual roofing material.

Did some roofing work a few years ago at that time it was about $200.00 per square. So it sounds like a good price. Depending on your climate (if you get snow) make sure you have ice shield up at least 3 feet and in your valeys.  
wink.gif

Did some roofing work a few years ago at that time it was about $200.00 per square. So it sounds like a good price. Depending on your climate (if you get snow) make sure you have ice shield up at least 3 feet and in your valeys.  
wink.gif
OUCH!

Glad I do all that Sh!t myself!

Come on Rubba, What Fast said!

Get off your lazy A$$ and get to work!

It's not like your riding anywhere!
poke.gif

Back