rpm idle

(rlachermeier @ Jun. 26 2007,06:39)
(proud dad @ Jun. 26 2007,00:21) Mines at 1100-1150.If ya have a long screwdriver and flashlight,you can adjust it without taking anything loose.That's how I did mine.
I bought a set of long skinny screwdrivers to do that but when I shine a light into the fairing to see the screw I can't tell exactly where it is and I don't want to take the fairing off to locate it.  Does anyone have any good pics showing the screw that needs to be adjusted?
screwdriver slid between tank and frame.look as far forward between the tank and frame as you can with your flash light.you will see the adjusting screw.it's the only one there in sight. scewdriver will go between tank and frame farther back from where you are shining light and looking at screw.driver will be at a slight angle.sounds harder than it is.take 20-30 seconds once you figure it out.

Is it really that hard to pop the tank up?
lurk.gif

i run mine on the high side 1400-1500 no oil problems and it also allows me to sit around longer with both fans running wuthout loosing to much voltage

(rocktober @ Jun. 25 2007,21:38) i found the idle screw, no problem but where is the the rod that holds up the hump
Still reading, but the rod that holds the tank up is located under the hump next to the TOOL
laugh.gif
I mine tools
poke.gif

Just adjusted mine. Hope it's the phillips screw with the thumb wheel around it, and a spring. Minor adjustment got me back to 1100.

I would hope that the spring would take care of me, but if I have to adjust it on every oil change, oh well.
beerchug.gif

Thats the right one Dad! If it keeps dropping you can put a little silicone gasket maker right on the threads of the idle adj. screw where it threads through the bracket. Really want to get cool you can do a mod to put a remote idle adjuster  that you can adjust while sitting on your busa. The remote adjuster came on older busas, not sure what the last year was with it. If your interested I know OMSLAW has it on his bike , just shoot him a PM and I'm sure he will give you the skinny on it or you can order the stock part through Vman1300.

(GSXcite @ Jun. 26 2007,16:51) Thats the right one Dad! If it keeps dropping you can put a little silicone gasket maker right on the threads of the idle adj. screw where ti threads through the bracket. Really want to get cool you can do a mod to put an remote idle adjuster that you can adjust while sitting on your busa. The remote adjuster came on older busas, not sure what the last year was with it. If your interested I know OMSLAW has it on his bike , just shoot him a PM and I'm sure he will give you the skinny on it or you can order the stock part through Vman1300.
I'll see Omar at a future meet and get his
SHOCKED.gif
was I typing out loud
laugh.gif

I've found you have to go inward past the point of adjustment and then back off on the screw for the spring to seat properly. It was that way on my kids bike anyway.

If it's a used bike it's possible it didn't come with a tool kit or tank prop. Mine came sans tank prop. I had to purchase one off the ebay. Hearing of this a coworker made me a "hayabusa kit" so Id never have issues again. He included "racing shades", stickers, and a "tool: Put his in your tool bag and people won't call you a tool bag".
beerchug.gif

Search the topic "Idle adjustment mod" and you will find some relevant info.

The long link is shown below:

Back