Idle "Pulses"

Fly-nn-Busa

Registered
I have an '05 with around 1200 mi.  Like alot of others, my idle had dropped.  I adjusted it back up, but the idle "pulses", that is it doesn't hold steady at the 1200 RPM where it is set.  It flucuates up and down (mostly down) 50-100 RPM.  It was doing this before I adjusted it up, but I thought maybe it was because it was idling to slowly.
Is this normal?
If not, what now?
Thanks

Do you have a map?.. if so, you may have to have it adjusted..

Otherwise, I have no idea...

'Course I don't have a Busa either.
blush.gif

50-100 rpm...  not a big deal.

You could have it tuned, that may smooth it out.

Since it practically brand new(1200 miles), talk to the dealer and see if they'll tune it for free. IT should be purring like a kitten if they did the break in service.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124814479 -->

Same year here but with about 800 more miles. Mine has done that since day 1. Not sayiing its normal, just letting you know you're not alone. Holla at me if you get it smoothed out. I never bothered because I hardly notice it at 180mph
biggrin.gif

I think every Busa I have ever heard Idles a little bit rough, tend to hunt just a little.

same here. 05 and rough idle. seems to be the norm with high performance engines. just not made to idle.

After i put my Pipe and commander .. its really noticable .. sounds like i have a huge cam..kinda like a raunchy V8 would.. alot of ppL comment on it and say .. "That thing sounds like a beast" so it dosent really bother me. i actually like my idle .. just that when its cold and does its thing. it tends to stall out.. just leave the quick idle lever down a bit longer .. no biggie .. ill get a new map later.

yeah mines does the same...bounces around 1000rpm, but snaps alive with the slightest twist i just got a woody thinking about it

HEY - Welcome to the Board!!! Anyhow, my 05 does the same thing. Just put on a full race exhaust, do the airbox mod, kickstand mod, trim the rear fender off, feed the reflectors to the dog, get rid of the Dino oil, and throw in a half dozen other mods and you will completely forget about the idle issue.
biggrin.gif

I have an '05 with around 1200 mi. Like alot of others, my idle had dropped. I adjusted it back up, but the idle "pulses", that is it doesn't hold steady at the 1200 RPM where it is set. It flucuates up and down (mostly down) 50-100 RPM. It was doing this before I adjusted it up, but I thought maybe it was because it was idling to slowly.
Is this normal?
If not, what now?
Thanks
50 RPM variation is normal... dont let it bother you!!

my 03 does the same....its just the demons in the map waiting to escape to higher rpms....at 186 you will not even think about your idle problem
....now....go....

grab...

and twist...

the busa ain't made for idling!!!!!!!

I have an '05 with around 1200 mi.  Like alot of others, my idle had dropped.  I adjusted it back up, but the idle "pulses", that is it doesn't hold steady at the 1200 RPM where it is set.  It flucuates up and down (mostly down) 50-100 RPM.  It was doing this before I adjusted it up, but I thought maybe it was because it was idling to slowly.
Is this normal?
If not, what now?
Thanks
50 RPM variation is normal... dont let it bother you!!
Big Power=Big Motor & Big Cams, which equals lumpy idle........and of course Big Grins
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back