Roadsmart 3

Dopey

Donating Member
Registered
So I know the whole tire thing is personal choice so I'm not asking for what's best I just wanna know of anyone's experience with the roadsmart 3's. I put on some q3 pluses at the end of last year knowing they wouldn't be a long lasting tire especially with the roads around here and all the straight line riding I have to do but now that ive got around 4k on them im ready to replace them and i had decided to go with a recommendation I read from @sixpack577 and use the roadsmart in the back and was gonna leave my q3 front. Well I've noticed that oddly enough the front is pretty well worn and starting to cup pretty good so I figure I'll change it as well. Now seeing as it's been said that a q3 front and roadsmart rear usually wear at about the same time and mine wore almost even with the q3 rear (I'm thinking mostly because of naff suspension setup) I'm second guessing this and thinking of just matching the roadsmart to front. Anyone ran any combo like this that could let me know what they think would be great. And yes I know the whole pilot road 5 thing but I seem to have more confidence on dunlop with the temps of the roads in Michigan.

The Q3 up front may have a different profile than the road smart series so look it them closely . The Michelin Road series , and power RS are very close in shape so its not a issue running them . If the Q3 is same as a Road smart shape up front then you should be fine .

FYI the Michelins perform fine in cold weather too . You wont have a problem with either choice except your not on the Kool Michelin bus ;)

The Q3 up front may have a different profile than the road smart series so look it them closely . The Michelin Road series , and power RS are very close in shape so its not a issue running them . If the Q3 is same as a Road smart shape up front then you should be fine .

FYI the Michelins perform fine in cold weather too . You wont have a problem with either choice except your not on the Kool Michelin bus ;)
...I drank the Michelin Kool-Aid and it was tasty too.....

Reactions: c10

Before sixpack disappeared and I believe @Tufbusa also recommended it,hesaid multiple times that the q series and the roadsmart was a good combo im just questioning the q3 lasting in the front since the one im running now has worn so quickly although im sure a lot of that is thre suspension setup as we discussed earlier. As far as the road 5s I recommend them to a lot of people just that where I ride I can't seem to get them to perform the way I want. Of course after posting this I started reading on dunlop sportsmart mk3 that caught my eye as a possible front but it seems to only be available thru Ebay and in the uk and I can't find much info to compare it to a q3 or roadsmart so I have an email out to dunlop hoping they can answer my questions.

I've got 10k+ on my front Q3+ so it is time

I'm undecided on tires. The Dunlops have worked well for me, but I live and ride in So Cal where rain and low temps are the minority. In this environment, what would be the advantage of switching to Michelin? I'm tempted anyway, especially Bryan's Mich setup with an RS on front and Road 5 in back, mainly because I never get 10k out of a rear and am OCD about swapping tires out in pairs.

I've got 10k+ on my front Q3+ so it is time

I'm undecided on tires. The Dunlops have worked well for me, but I live and ride in So Cal where rain and low temps are the minority. In this environment, what would be the advantage of switching to Michelin? I'm tempted anyway, especially Bryan's Mich setup with an RS on front and Road 5 in back, mainly because I never get 10k out of a rear and am OCD about swapping tires out in pairs.
I might be able to push my front a couple more thousand but still wouldn't be close to 10k on it.

So I got an email back from dunlop and they said the sportsmart mk3 is the euro version of our q3 plus. Looking at the tread on both I can see it's obviously different in that aspect im assuming because of what they require across the pond for rain siping. Ive already decided and ordered my rear roadsmart 3 but my issue is I want a sticker tire upfront and since my q3+ has cupped with the miles I have on it and I'm sure that's my fault I don't know if I really wanna put another up there even tho when new it's awesome in the few turns I get to take. The roadsmart front had quite a few reviews of not being the best in thre corners as to be expected from a touring tire so im really thinking of hitting Ebay for a sportsmart as I do have a tendency to end up in the rain and that would make me feel better my only concern with that one is will the extra grooves cause it to cup worse or sooner, if any of our uk riders have tried these tires id appreciate any feedback. Here's some pics comparing the tread on the sportsmart vs the q3 feel free to lmk what u think aside from run thre road 5 since I already ordered the roadsmart 3 :laugh:

I currently am running the Roadsmart 2 front and rear. I used to run the Qualifier up front with the Roadsmart in the rear. You can pick up the RS 2 front for $67-70 usually and a rear will be about $98 not bad I have no complaints they are more tire than 95% of riders capabilities.

I currently am running the Roadsmart 2 front and rear. I used to run the Qualifier up front with the Roadsmart in the rear. You can pick up the RS 2 front for $67-70 usually and a rear will be about $98 not bad I have no complaints they are more tire than 95% of riders capabilities.
I ride with a lot of smaller bikes that of course kill me in the corner and the last thing I need is my tire slowing me down more in the turns or worse giving out,but I think I'm gonna try out the roadsmart 3 if you've got no issues with the 2s and they are supposed to be better. I found the 3s for front at around 100 shipped so if I don't like it not much lost.

Back