Road Trip for Us

Gpmo

Registered
Well Myself, Deal, and Deals Roomie are gonna hit the road. I am providing a map with our general route plan. We are leaving on Thursday Sept. 1st in the afternoon/early evening. We will be home the evening of Thurs the 8th.

In general our plan is to head to Moab and rent a couple ATVs for the day and then up to Salt Lake City the following day. From here we are going to do day rides and are fairly open to do what ever. Oh ya we are camping for this trip. We are planning on hitting up Bear Lake Utah and Flaming Gorge for sure other than that what ever we feel like. If anyone has any suggestions on things to see along this route please post up. If you are near or along this route and want to me up.. Post up and we will work it out.

web.png

Btw Mods is there a way to do the gmaps function with our posts?

Been to moab three times. Twice on four wheelers, and once in a jeep. Let me tell you, the jeep was night and day more fun than the 4 wheelers! I'd recommend that route!
I'll dig up some pics tomorrow. I miss moab....
You will have a great time no matter what you do, its beautiful out there.

Posted with my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

Been to moab three times. Twice on four wheelers, and once in a jeep. Let me tell you, the jeep was night and day more fun than the 4 wheelers! I'd recommend that route!
I'll dig up some pics tomorrow. I miss moab....
You will have a great time no matter what you do, its beautiful out there.

Posted with my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

I didn't even look into jeep rentals...:laugh:

We talked about it last night and are thinking that the jeep maybe the best way to go. It way more cost effective :). This doesn't get you off the hook for pica though.

Pics are downloading.. You won't be upset you went with the Jeep!

Hey, internet word is that Denver has some sort of aftermarket muffler law .

Something you might want to check into and see what's up, if not running stock .

EDIT : I post, then, see where you live :D

Here's a link to the pics.. Gorgeous out there. My best friend used to live in Salt Lake City, and worked at Hoyt. I flew out there a few times and the last time we rented the Jeep. It was a blast. I wish I would have had my GoPro when we were out there, since these pics do Moab NO justice at all..
Enjoy!
https://picasaweb.google.com/GsxrBots/Utah?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCP3FosXBn6GzEQ&feat=directlink

Thanks a lot for the share, those are some great pics and it looks like you all had a blast. If its just us 3 we are going to get the Jeep but if our other buddy joins us we are going to look at renting two side by side rihnos for the day. We were looking at that same company Cliff Hanger rentals, i called them this morning in fact. Did they treat you guys alright? We are really getting excited to ride around Utah, the trip has been a long time coming for us. I wish i had a Gopro but it doesn't look like that is in the cards this year... theres always next. :)

Thanks a lot for the share, those are some great pics and it looks like you all had a blast. If its just us 3 we are going to get the Jeep but if our other buddy joins us we are going to look at renting two side by side rihnos for the day. We were looking at that same company Cliff Hanger rentals, i called them this morning in fact. Did they treat you guys alright? We are really getting excited to ride around Utah, the trip has been a long time coming for us. I wish i had a Gopro but it doesn't look like that is in the cards this year... theres always next. :)

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY complaint I have with them is they wouldn't let us take the top off the Jeep.. It sux being a big dude and having to climb in the back seat of a two door Wrangler. If we had it to do over again, we would have gotten the 4 door Jeep. The only downfall to the 4 wheelers and what would be with the Rhinos is the fact that you can't really all talk to each other, and you honestly can't go as many places as you can with the Jeep. There is a TON of trails out there, and many of them require you to drive to get there. You miss out on a bunch with the ATV route..

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY complaint I have with them is they wouldn't let us take the top off the Jeep.. It sux being a big dude and having to climb in the back seat of a two door Wrangler. If we had it to do over again, we would have gotten the 4 door Jeep. The only downfall to the 4 wheelers and what would be with the Rhinos is the fact that you can't really all talk to each other, and you honestly can't go as many places as you can with the Jeep. There is a TON of trails out there, and many of them require you to drive to get there. You miss out on a bunch with the ATV route..

Hah so we are right in thinking that all of us being over 6ft we should get the 4 door. The rhinos they make you wear helmets i believe and we all have chatterboxes :) Their rihnos are now street legal also so we could get out to a few more places. ATVs are completely out as we can't tow the trailer they would come on :p.... well we could...

Three more days for our trip... getting really impatient. But we got our Jeep rented a 4 door with a lift and bigger tires. I can't wait.

So we headed out last night after work, pretty short ride up into the mountains, had a late dinner and continued on to the campsite. Uneventful night of camping, took it easy this morning. Right now we're having coffee and debating which road to take for the next leg of the journey. The plan is to make it to Moab today, then our jeep rental will be waiting for us at about 7:30 tomorrow morning, when we'll head out for a day of offroading. I'll try to get a few phone pics today, but we've been mostly using the real cameras. We dont have a computer with us, so we won't be able to upload those till we get back home If somebody want to overnight a tablet pc out to our campsite for tonight, though, I'll go ahead and get some pics up as soon as it arrives. ::D

Can't wait for the pics! I hope you have a fantastic and memorable time! :beerchug:

sounds like you've started a great adventure :beerchug: looking forward to the pics

The roads have been great, scenery is fantastic! After our late start, we hauled out to glenwood springs, making up some time on the way, which we promptly wasted over a leisurely lunch:

4ad5ce2a-7ef8-cf8d.jpg

After that, we moved along, heading for Moab. After missing the turn-off for our campsite, we wandered most if the way through town, then backtracked and got checked in. We completed setting up camp:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315012095.130201.jpg

We're relaxing in the shade, then heading into town to buy something to grill. That's about all I've got for pics on the phone right now, but I took a few of some of the scenery with the reg camera while we were riding. As mentioned, I'll get some of those uploaded sometime after we get back.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315012095.130201.jpg

Back