MrGxr and WAG take a road trip

Some nice rock formations outside the little cafe where we ate in Bisbee.

Tuscon13.jpg

Another old Bisbee building which has now been converted into a B 'n' B. Exactly the kind of place I'd love to go stay for a couple of . . . .

Years?
biggrin.gif
Actually, yeah!

Lotsa hippies living in Bisbee these days. The hippies are impolite but the locals are very pleasant and cordial in every way.

Tuscon14.jpg

More old Bisbee buildings. There isn't enough room on any computer to give the full depth of the architectural thrill that is Bisbee, AZ. Even if a picture is worth a thousand words, a thousand pictures don't come anywhere near the beauty of this town and actually being in it.

Tuscon15.jpg

The sign for The Birdcage Theater in Tombstone, AZ. MrGxr is right. Tombstone is a real tourist trap. The only thing if genuine interest is the newspaper office and I didn't get any pictures of it. Sorry!

"Well I'll be damned!"

"You may indeed. If you get lukcy!"

Tuscon16.jpg

Self explanatory.

Well, "Huachuca," is spelled "wa-CHOO-kuh" if you wanted to know.

Tuscon17.jpg

A lizard checking out a drinking fountain outside the biosphere

Tuscon20.jpg

Inside the biosphere. A view of the ocean from above.

The biosphere was a major highlight of out trip. I love stuff like this.

Tuscon21.jpg

More from inside the biosphere. Looking back along the catwalk. I was standing in that corner when I took that previous photo.

Tuscon22.jpg

Not the kind of lush scenery you'd expect to find in the Sonora desert outside of Tucson!

A few feet further along the walkway inside the biosphere!

Tuscon23.jpg

Looking back toward the ocean from a lower perspective. The ocean "beach" is below that wall you see there.

Tuscon24.jpg

Remember the South Lung pictures above? This is the underground entrance to the tunnel which leads to the South Lung. At this point, we are directly beneath the Biosphere, at the edge of the desert biome. MrGxr posted some pics of that biome. Also, he posted a picture or two of the 20-ton diaphragm that is the south lung.

Tuscon25.jpg

One of the aquariums kept for visitors (tourists) to the biosphere.

Tuscon26.jpg

Another aquarium photo. They had some nice tanks. I took these pics for all you marine aquarim buffs!

Tuscon27.jpg

Another aquarium pic. Healthiest mushroom coral colony I've seen in a long time.

Tuscon29.jpg

Much beauty to be had in New Mexico. Another picture of the Upper Galinas area.

Tuscon30.jpg

Back