MrGxr and WAG take a road trip

nice ride
beerchug.gif

George, thanks for posting up the info/pic's.... Ty your killing me but I was with you all they way through. Does this mean there's a chance you two are going to make MNGIII?

wow looks like an awesome ride. Ahhh to live in a warmer climate lol

Speaking of the meet any ideas of time and where or when we gona start talking about that again Bug?

Thanks for sharing! Looks like a great ride! You guys are lucky to live in warmer climate. Nice pics also!! I bet that road trip really cleared your head! Sounds like a great idea!!

(ks-waterbug @ Nov. 25 2006,05:56) George, thanks for posting up the info/pic's.... Ty your killing me but I was with you all they way through. Does this mean there's a chance you two are going to make MNGIII?
Sonny, at this point I am planning the trip... work is not going to well (layoffs) and that either means job hunting or very little vacation... waiting to see what happens.

(MrGxr @ Nov. 25 2006,07:35)
(ks-waterbug @ Nov. 25 2006,05:56) George, thanks for posting up the info/pic's.... Ty your killing me but I was with you all they way through. Does this mean there's a chance you two are going to make MNGIII?
Sonny, at this point I am planning the trip... work is not going to well (layoffs) and that either means job hunting or very little vacation... waiting to see what happens.
Yep, I plan on being there and hope to see you two there as well. Maybe we can do a lil gambling while we're there.
cool.gif

Dont worry George, if dont have a job by the time let me know and I'll toss some coins your way so you can make it out.

(Rhythm @ Nov. 25 2006,09:17)
(MrGxr @ Nov. 25 2006,07:35)
Yep, I plan on being there and hope to see you two there as well. Maybe we can do a lil gambling while we're there.
cool.gif

Dont worry George, if dont have a job by the time let me know and I'll toss some coins your way so you can make it out.
Thanks Ty...

It was a truly awesome trip. 7 days of true excellence in riding. MrGxr is good company on any ride and the man can cook!!! Two breakfasts and at least one dinner that would blow your socks off!

Pictures coming up:

This first one is of the first rest stop we took. When we were leaving here, I forgot to strap my helmet on and as MrGxr led out to the freeway, I realized the problem immediately. I stopped, ripped my glove off, strapped the helmet on, reinserted my hand in the glove and hauled a$$ out of the rest area onto the freeway.

Yeah, I was pushin' it!! I didn't want MrGxr to get worried and start trying to find a way to track me down. The white SUV was in the left lane and I passed him on the right. I won't say how fast I was going but it was in excess of the speed limit. A couple of other cars were in the right lane so I zoomed in front of said SUV and chased down MrGxr a very few moments later.

We settled in at a comfortable, rational speed and as MrGxr described, we watched the SUV get pulled over. I can just imagine the choice words that driver had for the officer about me!!!

Tuscon01.jpg

This is a scene from the roadside between Elephan Butte and Silver City. This road was incredibly awesome and a good technical ride if you're into the twisties!

Tuscon02.jpg

The road from another angle! Cool run, even with a buncha luggage strapped to the bike.

Tuscon04.jpg

The mine outside Silver City. I love stuff like this. Check and see if you can see the relative size of the mining trucks to the regular size truck next to them. Indicated by the red arrow.

Tuscon05.jpg

Zooming in on the trucks. I think we must have been about a mile or mile and a half away from those trucks.

Tuscon06.jpg

Roadside stop after Silver City. I don't recall why we stopped, actually.

Tuscon08.jpg

In Bisbee, a shop had two of these bikes in the window. The photo through the glass is not the best but the coolness of the bike makes up for it. A little. A couple of days later, we saw a guy in Tucson riding around on something very similar to this.

Tuscon09.jpg

Bisbee is a really cool town with some really cool stuff on display.

Tuscon10.jpg

The buildings in Bisbee are incredibly awesome. Bisbee was built in a little canyon and the buildings tend to creep up the sides as much as was feasible. In some cases, it was tough to imagine how they were able to make it happen.

Tuscon12.jpg

Back