Road racing pictures

celticBandit

Registered
Ok, Bigdr talking about the TT has got me all nostalgic so I've rooted out some pictures. Some are mine, others are professional photographers. But they all have the same thing in common. They remind me why I love Road racing so much. These guys have real balls.

w01.jpg

Richard Britton disappearing into a corner at Ballig on his last TT. He died tragically 3 months later at Ballybunion in Kerry

DSCN0311.jpg

The view from Joeys corner on the way up the mountain from Ramsey. Named after Joey Dunlop, apparently he said he liked this corner because he could see Ireland from it. You can just about make it out on the horizon.

DSCN0345.jpg

Now those pics really put road racing in perspective! The 3rd one with Finnegan coming around a turn with his knee down and the bike off the ground is SICK! No way I'd be doin that, I'm too chicken
bowdown.gif

Joeys statue on top of the mountain. In bronze ontop of the Honda SP1 that he won the 2000 Superbike TT on. Great likeness.

DSCN0348.jpg

Even on racedays it is really easy to get into the pitts and chat with racers, buy some bits 'n' pieces for the bike and get a greasy burger and chips.

Wish I was going again this year, but I've booked Mugello for  MotoGP instead. Should be a blast still.

Good Luck Bigdr

Thanks for the good thoughts CB..Am really looking forward to this trip...

Back