Road Kill

bigoltool

Registered
What is with all of the wildlife on the roads lately? Today I hit a bird on the way to work after narrowly missing a Goat(!) yesterday and I started tallying up all of the narrow misses and actual hits I have had in the last month. I cannot remember seeing quite this many animals in my pathover such a short tiem span in all my years of riding! The one Possum I hit was the most alarming as I just missed the first one and didn't have time to avoid the second one lying 30 feet further up the road. Got a little air on that one!
2 deer- narrow miss
1 dog (3days in a row) -narrow misses
3 racoons (all dead) -narrow misses
6 Possums(all dead)- 5 narrow misses, 1 direct hit!
3 cats (2 dead)- all narrow misses
12 birds- 2 direct hits, 11 narrow misses.

Be careful out there!
AAAssjani.gif

dayum critters
pissed.gif

nobody cutting grass
rock.gif

possums and racoons seems to be the worst,especially at night.Well.....here anyways.

(bigoltool @ Aug. 14 2007,12:07) What is with all of the wildlife on the roads lately? Today I hit a bird on the way to work after narrowly missing a Goat(!) yesterday and I started tallying up all of the narrow misses and actual hits I have had in the last month. I cannot remember seeing quite this many animals in my pathover such a short tiem span in all my years of riding! The one Possum I hit was the most alarming as I just missed the first one and didn't have time to avoid the second one lying 30 feet further up the road. Got a little air on that one!
2 deer- narrow miss

Be careful out there!
AAAssjani.gif
Whats up with the math on the birds, lol. Sounds like 13 to me.

hey i know exactly were you are coming from... Im from new york and moved here to florida like 6 months ago and last week coming home from work I was on I-4 and there was literaly like a 10-12 feet gator laying on the side of the road and his head was half way on the lane i was on... so yea got a little scared for seeing something big up close.

(bigoltool @ Aug. 14 2007,09:07) What is with all of the wildlife on the roads lately? Today I hit a bird on the way to work after narrowly missing a Goat(!) yesterday  and I started tallying up all of the narrow misses and actual hits I have had in the last month. I cannot remember seeing quite this many animals in my pathover such a short tiem span in all my years of riding! The one Possum I hit was the most alarming as I just missed the first one and didn't have time to avoid the second one lying 30 feet further up the road. Got a little air on that one!
2 deer- narrow miss
12 birds- 2 direct hits,  11 narrow misses.

Be careful out there!  
AAAssjani.gif
GOAT??
wow.gif

(dmrowe @ Aug. 14 2007,17:38)
(bigoltool @ Aug. 14 2007,09:07) What is with all of the wildlife on the roads lately? Today I hit a bird on the way to work after narrowly missing a Goat(!) yesterday and I started tallying up all of the narrow misses and actual hits I have had in the last month. I cannot remember seeing quite this many animals in my pathover such a short tiem span in all my years of riding! The one Possum I hit was the most alarming as I just missed the first one and didn't have time to avoid the second one lying 30 feet further up the road. Got a little air on that one!
2 deer- narrow miss

Be careful out there!
AAAssjani.gif
GOAT??
wow.gif
Thats exactly what I said when I looked up exiting the corner!
laugh.gif

wild life is ever present in the mountains. its one of my greatest concerns while riding locally since a 500lb bear could lumber out at any moment

Must be my fault.  I went camping in the state park the weekend before last and the size of our fire probably scared all sorts of critters out of the woods!
smile.gif

fire.jpg

Back