RIP Wolverine - Dane Wesby

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
It is being reported that AMA Racer Dane Wesby died in a freak street accident last night

Motorcycle Collides With Utility Pole In Midtown, One Dead - NewsOn6.com

What a damn shame. Heck of a friendly guy, but on the racetrack nothing but focused FAST...

Below is as he's about to just smoke by me on Turn 1 at Barber in May 2013

Condolences to his family.

0QAK01DX0J0131_hd (Large).jpg

This has been all over my FB news feed this morning. A very sad loss to the racing community today. my prayers go out to his family and all those who knew him. RIP Dane.

Very sad.
a friend of mine used to race 100cc road class for Honda in the late 70s. Never rode a street bike cause they were too dangerous. Everybody laughed at him and said, "hey, you go so much faster on the track. That more dangerous." He told everyone that the track is a controlled environment, and way safer there. How true it is.
troy

The plot thickens:

This Just In: Dane Westby's long-time friend and former mechanic Dustin Meador visited the crash site and believes that skid marks at the scene indicate that Westby was trying to avoid something in his path. "There's a burger joint across the street there and I think someone was rolling out of there and he was trying to avoid getting hit," said Meador. "He was in the left-hand tire track of the right lane. The skid marks start out going straight and then veer off toward the curb. He was on the brakes. To me it was pretty obvious that he was trying to avoid something."

It would be nice if there was video somewhere near or a witness. R.I.P. Fallen Rider, Godsped :please:

Crash scene didn't make sense to me just looking at the photo.

Back