Rim Weight

vmaxbaby

Registered
On one of the posts someone had the weight of our rims front and rear, does anyone remember what they weighted?

Thanks,

They weight ... for no one!

Get it ... ?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

<marquee>Sorry dude ... I don't know.</marquee>

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

When I win the lottery I plan to get a set of carbon rims. And a Bell Jetpack. And a Real Doll. And a pony.

I've got a stock un-mounted rim at home, I'll weigh it tonite and post the results tomorrow.

10.28 lbs front and16.80 rear. febuary 04 issue of sport rider has a good wheel shootout. compares a bunch of different wheels on weight and moment of inertia. hope this helps

They didnt do alot of on bike tests. they put a set of carbons on a 1000 and took it around a road course. they said it turned better but had a large vibration on braking they didnt figure out. If you guys want weights on other wheels let me know ill look them up.
race.gif

I've always felt, like most on this board, that carbon rims were just beyond the bleeding edge of technology and into the Twilight Zone. That unknown vibration proves it to me.

Well I have 1 half of my new rims and tires on, hopefully tomorrow night will have the front rim on. Had to get the front rotor bolts cut down almost 1/2 inch because they stuck out to far on the new rims. With different rear rotor cut down bolts and just lighter rims shaved 6 to 7 pounds off wheels. Of course I did not just spend $ 900.00 for that amount of weight (I could lose 7 pounds of body fat easier) but I wanted the bling factor. Will have picture tomorrow night if all goes right. Putting front brakes on I have been told is a #####, never had the front wheel off before except for now. Anybody passing by my house at 7:30 tomorrow night in Stephens City feel free to stop by.
smile.gif

Back