Riding through Florance Arizona

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
On my ride today, I road through Florance Az., There is a prison there but its usually a quiet little town. Anyhow, my radar detecter went of with KA band about 2 miles from town and continued to alert until I was about 20 miles out of town. LEOs everywhere, I mean everywhere, I don't know if there was a prison brake or what. Also there is a HA bar there, and there was probably 200 of them in towm with more on the way. Cars were pulled over every where. I've never seen so many cops in one place at the same time in my life. Really wierd..... Just guessing but I think there may have been a prison brake.

wowold.gif

r8

You were in town for the 25th. Annual Hell's Angels Florence Prison Run.

I'm still sore about missing the ride on Saturday the 9th.

Yeah, now it makes sense. There were Hells Angels everywhere. I wonder why the police were leaving them alone and there were a bunch of cars pulled over. BTW I am available most Sundays for a ride. Saturdays are a 90% shot. Hopefully we'll get it figured out next time.

I live right by there. Just off the Hunt Hwy. There are generally tons of cops down there. Maybe when I get back in the Country we can go for a spin on a Sunday. I really wanna see that copper bike in person.

Hells Angels?
laugh.gif
I just Googled the Hells Angels Florence prison run and was reading some posts on a HD forum. "I can't go because my dogs agility club Feb. show", "I'm not going because the parking lot is dirt and my bike will get dusty"," I wanna watch the superbowl". What a bunch of wimp azz Hells Angels wannabe Hardley riders.

Hells Angels?
laugh.gif
 I just Googled the Hells Angels Florence prison run and was reading some posts on a HD forum. "I can't go because my dogs agility club Feb. show", "I'm not going because the parking lot is dirt and my bike will get dusty"," I wanna watch the superbowl". What a bunch of wimp azz Hells Angels wannabe Hardley riders.
Ummm.... I'm not a fan of theirs, personally. However, they, and another "club" are a fact of life here in AZ. They are fixtures at just about every motorcycle event. They don't really hassle anybody, but just their presents a catalyst for just about anything.

There are some very hard-core members out here, as Sonny (buy my t-shirt, and I'll autograph your copy of my latest book) Barger is in the Cave Creek/Carefree area. I would definitely agree that their self proclaimed "supporters" are pretty tame, as they are glorified "wannabes", with stickers on their bikes that proclaim their "toughness", and justify their riding a Harley.

I'm hoping you aren't lumping all of us Harley riders into the same bunch, brother. Some of us are pretty good people.

Hells Angels?
laugh.gif
Ummm.... I'm not a fan of theirs, personally. However, they, and another "club" are a fact of life here in AZ. They are fixtures at just about every motorcycle event. They don't really hassle anybody, but just their presents a catalyst for just about anything.

There are some very hard-core members out here, as Sonny (buy my t-shirt, and I'll autograph your copy of my latest book) Barger is in the Cave Creek/Carefree area. I would definitely agree that their self proclaimed "supporters" are pretty tame, as they are glorified "wannabes", with stickers on their bikes that proclaim their "toughness", and justify their riding a Harley.

I'm hoping you aren't lumping all of us Harley riders into the same bunch, brother. Some of us are pretty good people.
Not at all. I just got off a Harley a couple of min. ago. I'm just commenting on the guys that get a bike not to ride, but to put on an act that they are billy bad ass with the tats and leather. I just traded for 2005 HD that had 1100 miles on it. You think you have exclusive on Hells Angels and other motorcycle clubs in Az.?

Hells Angels?
laugh.gif

Not at all. I just got off a Harley a couple of min. ago. I'm just commenting on the guys that get a bike not to ride, but to put on an act that they are  billy bad ass with the tats and leather. I just traded for 2005 HD that had 1100 miles on it. You think you have exclusive on Hells Angels and other motorcycle clubs in Az.?
I ABSOLUTELY AGREE with the demographic that gets a Harley to be seen. They are part of what gives H-D such a poor image.

And no, I don't think AZ has an "exclusive" on the H.A. or any other MC "clubs". I may be new to 'Busas, but I am not new to the motorcycle scene by any means.

I just wasn't sure if you were one of the typical H-D bashers. No offense intended there, brother.

Hells Angels?
laugh.gif

Not at all. I just got off a Harley a couple of min. ago. I'm just commenting on the guys that get a bike not to ride, but to put on an act that they are  billy bad ass with the tats and leather. I just traded for 2005 HD that had 1100 miles on it. You think you have exclusive on Hells Angels and other motorcycle clubs in Az.?
I ABSOLUTELY AGREE with the demographic that gets a Harley to be seen. They are part of what gives H-D such a poor image.

And no, I don't think AZ has an "exclusive" on the H.A. or any other MC "clubs". I may be new to 'Busas, but I am not new to the motorcycle scene by any means.

I just wasn't sure if you were one of the typical H-D bashers. No offense intended there, brother.
I don't bash anything unless you ride a ZX13.5
rock.gif
No really, I love anything with two wheels. First bike I ever rode was a HD in 1963. I must tell you though, after putting over 34K on my busa in two years, when I get on a HD it feels like a John Deere tractor to me. I just made the comment about the prison run because I went to google to find out the history of the run and a little about what chapters ride in it and all I found was posts by some guys saying they couldn't go because they had to do something with their doggie, or they didn't have anything to wear, or I have a 12 PM tee time.
laugh.gif
It just wasn't what I was expecting to find and I found it funny. Not the typical stuff you would hear from the Hells Angles, well all except the tee time I guess!
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

"I don't bash anything unless you ride a ZX13.5 No really, I love anything with two wheels. First bike I ever rode was a HD in 1963. I must tell you though, after putting over 34K on my busa in two years, when I get on a HD it feels like a John Deere tractor to me. I just made the comment about the prison run because I went to google to find out the history of the run and a little about what chapters ride in it and all I found was posts by some guys saying they couldn't go because they had to do something with their doggie, or they didn't have anything to wear, or I have a 12 PM tee time. It just wasn't what I was expecting to find and I found it funny. Not the typical stuff you would hear from the Hells Angles, well all except the tee time I guess!"

RIGHT ON!

Back