Riding stock...

bjewell

Registered
Okay,nitrous, turbo, welded cranks, looong swingarms are cu-hool, but good golly, I'm fine with my stock 07 Busa.  I LIKE seeing the world go by in northern California.  Trees, lots of them suckers, birds -- is that a vulture? -- and the odd flat possum.

I HATE I-80, it is friggin scary out there!  I-5 is okay, but I just want to cruise.  Not Harley cruise, just go along.  Yeah, and I am 6ixty friggin o-n-e.  Trust me, I was wild boy, made my $$ playing the honky tonks, biker bars picking Strats and Teles. I think I know about life.  But 11 months a year I live in Tokyo, ride a bicycle and take the train.  Out here in California, it is nuts between the lowriders, little old ladies and the semis...

So?  So how do you ride a Busa and not become a hood ornament??   Every week here, I read about some decent guy buying the farm.  Any suggestions deeply appreciated, and I got my first bike in 1964, so I have the general idea... :- n)

Tq

You need to get out of the city. Kento-Moto has a ride he's planning for August that may be exactly what you need.

Speed is addicting!
all_coholic.gif

Nearly every time I ride to Sac I ride back on the river road, 160, all the way to Antioch but its (really) a good ride clear to Isleton, on either side! Traffic is light and the ride is peaceful.

If your out for sightseeing then your on the wrong bike. Mods to the Busa usually make it more manageable. I know swapping to a 4into1 exhaust drops 15-20lbs with an extra 12-18hp boost. Plus, the bike sounds sooo much better with a nice system on it.

ride whenever there is less traffic... early sunday morning? Saturday morning? I mean 5:30 or 6am not 10am. and get out of town also

Not to hijack your thread or anything, but how is living in Tokyo for eleven months out of the year? What do you do for fun over there? Got a motorcycle over there??

More importantly, how are the ladies over there?
Just curious.-Joel

Thanks guys.  I just go back from a ride up into Yolo County on I.5.  Kept the bike between 65 and 90.  Put about 100 miles on Big Red.  Man that thing really plants, much more so than my old Solftail.

It is all about getting reaquainted with riding.  I know my limits at 61, so I'm easing back into it, same as when I got the Harley in 02.  Better safe than squashed... -L-

No, this is the perfect bike for me.  And I have a feeling I'm in good company with some pretty cool dudes.  Yes, dude-ishness is real important when it comes to bikes...

Tokyo.  I teach at Tokyo Woman's Christian University -- two minutes from my home.  Very exclusive 19th Century mission school.  Campus buildings were designed by F.L. Wright and his staff.

My wife Yoko and I have been married 15 years.  We live with her mom and five cats.  No bikes allowed, but all the guitars I want! -L-  I would like a sporty 400cc bike though, but riding in Tokyo looks like work.

And the food is great, the weather stinks and I love the people.  Good folks for sure.

So damn cool, of all the places in the world, that is the one I want to see one day. Nippon.

Nihon go wakarimasu ka?

Just goes to show people don't buy the Busa just for drag racing. I like to keep my ride out of the city element. There's some decent variable speed twisties combined with some straights for letting her loose a bit. Most vehicles still pull over to let you by. Sometimes I think they just want to see me lay it down. lol. Anyway, I agree that in stock fashion the Busa is suitable for average riding. What I have learned from prior bike build-ups is that the stock bike IS much more capable of many more things. Sure I would love a stock Corvette, but with exhaust, intake and chip, I'd love her even better without putting a strain on the motor/tranny. Put a suspension kit and brakes to suit and you have a fun machine in any skin.

Back