riding from NC to CA..how do get my bike back?

TommyGunn1300

Registered
so it looks like we are shooting for a date of Saturday May 15th to leave out of Raleigh and head towards Los angeles. this will give us enough time to get our route planned, money saved, etc. here is the problem, we will be having the bikes shipped back to NC. this will allow us to take our time on the ride out and see everything and not have to worry about getting back in time for work. we STILL cant fiqure out any cheaper way to get the bikes back. i have found one carrier online but they want $500 per bike. can anyone think of a cheaper way to do this? would one suzuki dealership in CA be willing to ship to another suzuki dealership back here in NC? this is something i have always wanted to do and i just found out i have arthritus in my back (and im only 22) so i fiqure i better do this while i still can

any ideas? now one more question. only mods to my bike are 1.25inch risers. anything else i can do to make the ride more comfortable?

I doubt that any dealers would do coast to coast shipping...

Check with UPS. I think they do motorcycle shipping.
Be sure to get in touch with us CA guys while you are here:beerchug:
Bubba

500 does sound ok I charge more than that to tow a bike 100 miles on the wrecker :laugh: but I have never shopped for the service

Place an add on uship.com and see what the prices are but it sounds like you got a good deal all ready.

$500 sounds good.
The going price on ebay for shipping a Busa ranges from $550 to $750 if you buy one and have it shipped. Any cheaper than that and you may regret it in the long run.

That much riding is going to require some sort of cruise control...your going to need to give that right hand a break from time to time...Throttlemeister, while not a true cruise control, does wonders on those longer trips...

Good luck :thumbsup:

That much riding is going to require some sort of cruise control...your going to need to give that right hand a break from time to time...Throttlemeister, while not a true cruise control, does wonders on those longer trips...

Cruise control ???

REAL men do not need any sort of 'cruise control' :whistle:

+1 to that! I love mine.

500$ is a good price,if you paid less, I would be concerned with the effort involved by the carrier.You get what you pay for!
Just make sure the carrier is insured and has a good(proven) rep.:thumbsup:
Sounds like a great trip,have fun,be safe!:beerchug:

Back