Riders Down

karnage

Registered
I dont know whats going on but there has been like 3-4 bad wrecks in the past week or so here on I-5.2 in one day and a 2 were riders thrown off over the guard rail and down 20-30 feet on the under pass.At least one fatality.

It has been a very bad season around here also for accidents and fatalities. I think as the economy gets worse people will continue to seek alternative means (cheaper) of transportation. We have had quite a few new riders hurt and/or killed
around here, more so than the typical influx of new teen squid riders we see every year.

There were two more last night in Tacoma.One caused the other by spilling fuel on the road.Guy was riding and turned his head while the traffic stopped in front of him.

Bikes don't crash, Riders crash!

It's extremely rare when a rider has no control over the outcome of a crash!

Tuf, I have to agree 100% There are oddball accidents where a car flat runs you over or turns in front of you when it is too late for you to take action. Those seem to be fairly rare. The real big issue on the Org is that people are speeding and driving too fast for conditions or skill. Then after the rider drives unsafely on purpose and crashes with either body damage or fatality, everyone is posting RIP and "so sad" and all. The driver drove how he/she wanted and paid the price! You can call it Darwin or maybe they just went out doing what they loved to do? I figure if a rider dies speeding and racing around on the street, they probably died doing what they wanted to do and many people are not so lucky. That's why I question many of the "rider down" stories.

Anyway, thats just my opinion. If a NASCAR driver dies, they went out doing what they love, is it any different for us?

I was just stating there was a lot of wrecks in a short period of time.The gas spilling on the road is unavoidable and the other rider probably didnt see it in time and slid.I agree, skill is a big part in riding offensively.Gotta be 2-3 steps ahead of the cagers.Just sucks that so many accidents occur.

I agree with you 100%, there are way to many crashes here as well as in the general population. Sadly enough my point was, it's the riders who crash and most could have been avoided with improved technique and skill. I have said this before on a number of occasions, if bikers spent as much money on skill enhancement as they spend on mods, crashes as well as deaths could be cut in half.

WHY??? WHY???? WHY??? This is just so sad!! Prayers to the Family. RIP Fallen rider.. WHY?? C'mon Riders, Please ride safe.. PLEASE !!!

Memorial tomorrow. Below is a text I received earlier

"Memorial ride for DEEBO from Kongo Riders will be 9/3/11@11 Meet up at FamBam. Moment of silence @1130. Kickstands up @ 12. Taking donations for services."

FamBam is FamMart about 10 miles east from SD airport. In case any local orgsters want to support.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Back