Rider Down

solarbarack

Donating Member
Registered
Wasn't even thinking it's that time of year, I was doing about 60mph, came around a corner and bam berries covering the ground. I didn't have a chance, I slid about 90 feet thank god for protective gear split my helmet. ripped up the kevlar guards on my gloves, tore down to the pads on my jacket, and got up rode the bike home.
I went the hospital to get checked out no breaks boy am I lucky. tore a bunch of ligiments in my ankle and foot. the doctor said i'll be able to ride in a few weeks but caution to every one, I ride this road every day it's just that time of year.

cracked_up_1.jpg

sorry to any one I haven't gotten back to, and thank you for your patiance. I will be needing some parts.

Awesome story......WEAR YOUR GEAR PEOPLE!!!!

Best wishes to a quick ankle recovery and fast bike rebuild.

DD

glad your ok,minor damage to the bike,easy repairs,i had the same repairs 8 weeks ago from going down,also cracked my helmet.....glad you had all your gear on,you never know!!

I am glad you came out relatively unscathed! Poor bike. Time for custom paint? *grin*
firedevil.gif

Glad you're basically alright and writing us. Good excuse for that custom paint you wanted. Good Luck

aww man...that's scary right there. Going down in a completely familiar situation. Well, super glad you're reletively ok.
Little duct tape, some spackle...good as new....
beerchug.gif

Yea i'm a big one on gear. For any newbi that reads this I have been riding for about eleven years, I went down my first week I owned a bike, and well eleven years almost, I went down again. Gear is esential. I hope this might change the mind of a kid that thinks it's cool not to wear helmet jacket gloves bootsand good pants. Both times if it not for gear I would not be here. anyone know where I can get a good paint job around the dubois pa area i would appreciate it.

sorry to hear about this man. sure glad you are ok. i guess what we talked about the other night is out and surely understood. quick recovery ok. i have an extra set of stock mirrors, bar ends and levers if needed. you got my # call me if you need anything.

ps: i also have an extra shoei that is silver if you need it. i think its 2 or 3 years old but in pretty good shape and you can always wash the internals. size large or xl im not sure as the size is not there anymore but my new one is xl.

pss: sorry had to look at one other thing. i also have 2 sets of gloves both a year or so old and xl. 1st set bl/blk/silver joe rocket speed master 2 i believe, real nice set. the other icon timax original short black. whatever you need let me know

Man, sorry to hear that! Hope you have a quick recovery!

Any pics of the gear? Always great to see it taking damage and saving you the same!

P.S.- What damage if any did the frame slider do bent to hell like that?!? What kind was it?
rock.gif

Glad you are not hurt too bad man. How did you get home with that hole in the stator cover?

P.

Damn ... that really sucks ... hate to hear of riders going down ... glad to see who weren't too hurt ... can't say the same about the bike though.
wink.gif

(Rayabusa0818 @ Jun. 18 2007,17:37) That really stinks man...I'm glad you are OK.  What are bam berries?
I think he meant "DAMN berries". That sucks but those scratches on yer fairings could have easily been your skin ripped off. Gear Gear Gear

Back