Ride-On Motorcycle Tire Protection

I've got in my tyres, been using it since I got the bike in Jan 2011.

I put a couple of posts on here about it.
Lets just say the reactions were mixed.

I did get a puncture and it sealed it.
I'm sure it saved me on my way back from my Mums on the motorway, as when I checked my tyres the next time the rear one was down a bit.
It had a nail in it.

I pulled the nail out pumped the tyre up and it stayed up enough to get me to the bike shop and get a new tyre.

Someone said what if I get a nail in my tyre and was riding with it in because it was sealed I wouldn't know.

I replied you can still get a nail in your tyre without Ride On in, and in some cases you still wouldn't know as sometimes you wont get a flat straight away.
And I would rather have Ride on sealing it, than have a nail chewing away at my tyre or having the tyre go flat all at once.
I'm paraphrasing here by the way.

It's not affected the handling at all.

It's not that expensive and anything that make riding safer is good in my book.

Hope this helps.

I've got in my tyres, been using it since I got the bike in Jan 2011.

I put a couple of posts on here about it.
Lets just say the reactions were mixed.

I did get a puncture and it sealed it.
I'm sure it saved me on my way back from my Mums on the motorway, as when I checked my tyres the next time the rear one was down a bit.
It had a nail in it.

I pulled the nail out pumped the tyre up and it stayed up enough to get me to the bike shop and get a new tyre.

Someone said what if I get a nail in my tyre and was riding with it in because it was sealed I wouldn't know.

I replied you can still get a nail in your tyre without Ride On in, and in some cases you still wouldn't know as sometimes you wont get a flat straight away.
And I would rather have Ride on sealing it, than have a nail chewing away at my tyre or having the tyre go flat all at once.
I'm paraphrasing here by the way.

It's not affected the handling at all.

It's not that expensive and anything that make riding safer is good in my book.

Hope this helps.

As long as you had a good experience that's all that matters. I guess everything isn't a "snake oil" and it just takes time for a product to prove it itself if it's worth it. I guess it wouldn't hurt to use it or at least try it out.

Pocket sized "fix-it" kits are the way to go...but I like Newman's reasoning aswell. :thumbsup:

RSD.

Let me chime in...

Regardless of what you have/use, the ultimate is to have TPMS. It will warn you within seconds if the pressure drops too much. I've always been a fan and used SmarTire. Although it has been discontinued some years ago, I found many on sale on ebay, and purchased one for my new bike recently. The system is clever enough to recalculate the initial (cold) pressure even when the tires get hot, and is capable to notice the abnormal drop/increase in pressure.

Back