Revenge

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
In Honolulu we have a new speeding camera van that goes everywhere and takes pics of speeders and mails u the ticket. There has been alot of flack about this from the community, write ups in the paper... Got this from a Honolulu message board :
----------------------------------------------------------
Four youths from Canberra, Australia pulled off a trick of
breathtaking bravado in order to gain revenge on a mobile speed
camera van operating in the area.

Three of the group approached the van and distracted the operator's
attention by asking a series of questions about how the equipment
worked and how many cars the operator could catch in a day.

Meanwhile, the fourth musketeer sneaked to the front of the van and
unscrewed its numberplate. After bidding the van operator goodbye,
the friends returned home, fixed the number plate to their car and
drove through the camera's radar at high speed - 17 times. As a
result, the automated billing system issued 17 speeding tickets to
itself.

hheheheheheheeeeee! 2 funny!
jump9.gif

sounds a little fabricated, but that would be cool if it actually did happen.

They tried that automated ticket crap around here, but there was such an uproar about it, it was cancelled. Our county uses traffic tickets as an important part of the revenue base, and people just get tired of the chicken sh*t tickets.
director.gif

I remember reading, sometime back, about a simular situation~ A speeder was sent a picture of his offending ticket demanding prompt payment~ So he took a picture of five twenties and sent it back~ About two weeks later he recieved a picture of handcuffs!!
laugh.gif

Time to get them License plates mounted up in front of the rear wheel... Avoid all of that picture taking sillyness...

Have you ever seen the active spoilers on a Porche that get up when it hits a fast enough speed to effect the car? Well, how about inventing a little "spoiler" that flips up to cover the licence plate when you go over the liimit? Not very legal, but it might be fun for a while. They also make plastic covers to put on your plates so the cameras can't read them from an angle. Does anyone know if they really work?

Have you ever seen the active spoilers on a Porche that get up when it hits a fast enough speed to effect the car?  Well, how about inventing a little "spoiler" that flips up to cover the licence plate when you go over the liimit?  Not very legal, but it might be fun for a while.  They also make plastic covers to put on your plates so the cameras can't read them from an angle.  Does anyone know if they really work?
FYI - obsuring the plate in any way is not legal.

There is a fliping licence attachment on the web somewhere.

I'll look now.

No good, couldn't find it.

The clear licence plate covers are polarized horozontally on 1/2 and vertically on the other. This makes the camera's flash bounce off of one side of the plate so you cannot read the whole #. I have seen them in parking lots and they do work.

IMHO - the police could look up the part of the # they can read, run a quick search on the make & modle and give you much more than a speeding ticket.

I wish I had a role in that, those Hawaiian cops are ridiculous. Give me a break, this state still has a 55 MPH top speed!!!!!! I am still fighting by ticket from "paradise".

Back