Rev limiter again

OB_cbxchris

Registered
MH I left you another message on your board on the rev limiter....with PC 2 goes on it at around 9400....without around 10,200....changed a lot of parts...checked a lot of things with no results.....HELP!!! ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

This is all starting to sound electrical now.

I bet you have some resistance going through a ground somewhere?

What do you have hooked up to the bike other then the pw2?

We'll get this figured out sooner or later!

Frank you wouldn`t believe how this thing pops and cracks when you put the PC2 on it. BTW a friend came down and we tried his working ECM and PC2...its worse than mine. He busted my *** big time on my stock bike if that tells you anything....the bike is so sluggish. I agree 100% it is electrical I don`t know where to start. Checked the ohm`s reading on the sensor to the crank...its good. I could not get the proper reading on the voltage at the plug but it was consistent with my black one. The main problem was I never rode this bike before tearing it down for engine....I suspect it came like this from the factory. I`m a little more than pissed..............

Frank forgot have shift light.......just installed....had problem before it was on...was just trying to verify tach.....

A electrical problem can be a real pain to locate.
Or it could as easy as a loose wire on one of your coils?

I'm begining to think the pin at the end of your camshaft is in the wrong location. If it's not the cam sensor wont be able to read it like it's suppose to...

You know this could be between you and a test light???

Frank the pin in the intake cam is to activate the injectors at the proper time. The pin is set at 305 thousandths...same as another pin in a stock camshaft. I only saw that it could go one way....yeah me and this test light have already come to blows and cuss words........

Don't stick yourself in the finger with that test light!

Chris, I guess what I talking about was the distance between the pin and the sensor.

Boy!....it sure would help if your bike was here!

CBXCRIS
I think I now know what your problem is since the problem gets worse with the pc2 it has to be the air gap on your crankshaft position sensor. This sensor produces a millivolt signal and the pc2 uses this signal also but the voltage goes down as it goes through the pc2. I could go on for ever just give me a call if you want

Turbo Rick

Back