Repsol oil

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Have been a sikolene guy for a few years now but I was at a sport bike repair shop yesterday and the mech has wrenched my bike a few times when it comes to stuff I cant do... This guy is good and is a real kneedragger and track day kinda guy ... anyway.

He says full synthtic is "too slippery" for most bikes and you may eventually see clutch problems...

He sells Motul & repsol and talked me into trying Repsol syn blend, anyone using this stuff?

I just use Motul, but I heard the Repsol (Honda) is pretty good stuff.

I dont think honda makes repsol. I know they are a european company. I havent really heard to much about the oil. And the synthetic question is going to one thing that get debated for along time. There was a time they said the same thing about using synthetic in cars.

I've heard good things about Repsol, its on Nicky Haydens MotoGP bike(advertisement that is)

Also heard the same thing about full syn, I also use blend.

MOBIL ONE RED CAP.. FULL SYTHETIC.
biggrin.gif

I know here in Italy everyone is using it, I just use regular motor oil 15w40 That Valentino Rossi guy is sponsored by them but I think regular oil is fine.

Repsol I belive is a Spanish (Spain) oil company and they are well known in other countries but new to the US. I would say it has more to do with marketing than enything else, as far as why they want to sell it here that is. You see everyone has seen the name on the Honda racing bikes (Rossi, Hayden and whatnot) so they decided to import it here. I doubt it will catch on. Just too many other brands out there already. I like the bike graphics though.

Oh, I am not implying that they do not make a quality product. That I cannot comment on as I have no personal experience.

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099080995 -->

Yep I have heard and read all the oild debates before, sooooooooo here I go to be the G pig and try the repsol, dudes. Full report later. - K

MOBIL ONE RED CAP.. FULL SYTHETIC.
biggrin.gif
i went from silkolene (GREAT!) TO MOBILE1 red top ( made my clutch really "clunky" and revs seemed a little rough)

then to REPSOL,,,,, FREAKIN LOVE IT! tranny smoother than with the silkolene, and revs like a sewing machine! AWESOME product .!!!!! thumbs up from me!

JP

i was told by several excellent bike mech's that on litre bikes using full synthetic will harm the tranny after a LOT of use , especially lots of HARD riding.

JP

Back