Removing the brake crossover line

manatrader

Donating Member
Registered
I have SS lines but heard that removing the crossover line some how will improve braking how is this done?

<!--EDIT|manatrader
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150037224 -->

Are you refering to the line that goes from one caliper to the other by going over the front fender? I dont see how it can improve braking if you remove it because you will only have one front brake that way....
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

I believe that when you remove the cross over the brake line splits into (2) different lines, one for each rotor. It makes sense the braking would be a little better because the fluid goes to both calipers at once, not one then the other.

So is there a "Y" connector then or is there just two lines hooked up... 1 for each caliper..
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

I replaced my OEM brake lines with Galfer SS lines and they come with a 2-line front kit. By that I mean, there are 2 lines from the master cylinder with 1 to each caliper. Part of the install is the removal of the OEM line from the master to the right-side caliper and the crossover to the left-side caliper. Hope that helps.

I guess I got the wrong kit then, that sucks, what does it look like coming off the master cylinder and where does the line track over to the other side of the fork.

Do you have 2 banjo bolts on the front brake master cyclinder? If not you have a single line setup and the crossover stays.

I have Galfer SS lines and I have 2 lines one for each caliper - which is their "kit" for the Hayabusa.

Kent

I have the goodrich lines and they supply a longer banjo bolt so both lines can be added to the reservoir.

I must have been smoking something when I did my install, after reading some of your post I took a look at my SS lines, was wondering why the crossover line they sent me was so long. Last night I took the lines apart changed them around and sure enough no more crossover line all come off the master cyclinder. Took it out for a little brake test ride and could notice the change right away more bite!

Back