Removing stock grips?

Left one slid off after I squirted a little solvent in there; throttle one had to cut off and depending on what you're putting on there you may have to cut a groove on the inside of the new throttle grip so it correctly fits on the plastic throttle sleeve. kind of a PIA! What r u putting on?:poke:

I finally got them off with butter knife and WD-40:laugh:.
what's that plastic looking thingy underneath the grip, does that stay on? i am pretty sure it does but then again, what do i know.

what's that plastic looking thingy underneath the grip, does that stay on? i am pretty sure it does but then again, what do i know.

That would be your throttle sleeve. I had to dremel off the fins on mine to get my ProGrip 719s installed.

if you're referring to the plastic raised lines running under the throttle grip I actually ground mine down with a file to fit the new one, but Like I said I had to cut a notch out of the new throttle grip to fit the fitted plastic piece by the box so I could slide the grip all the way up.

I didn't realize the stock bar ends were soo heavy.
Does anyone know how many .oz the stock bar ends weigh?

Thanks, I hope i don't have to do that.

YMMV, but I'd be surprised if you can reuse the stock throttle sleeve with aftermarket grips and NOT take the fins off the sleeve. You can do it with a hobby knife or a box cutter, but I had the Dremel handy and put it to work on mine.

It's not hard. Just take your time and have a firm pimp hand.

These are the exact grips I am putting on:
drivend3.jpg

Back