Removing stickers off of Tank

Unitymind

Registered
Anyone else pull off the idiot stickers on the tank and frame?

I am wondering what to use so I don't damage the paint. I am some 3M adhesive remover but have not done anything yet.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

use a hair dryer to heat them up, then just scrape them off with your finger nail. The tank one is the hardest.

The one with the VIN# on the frame is a pain, they dont want that one coming off. Just use heat and some type of adhesive remover.

Heat gun is your friend.
thumb_up.gif

Yeah...the tank ones are a pain.

Heat them up with a hair dryer, peel up the corner with your fingernail, then they will peel off pretty easily if you continue to heat them as you go. Remaining adhesive comes off best with WD40 (which will not damage the paint).

not sure which "tank stickers" you are referring to. If it is the warnings and such yeah heat it up peel them off. Take your time and don't rush the job.

The ones on the side of the tank that are striped cannot be removed. They are under clear coat.

The one with the VIN# on the frame is a pain, they dont want that one coming off.  Just use heat and some type of adhesive remover.
LOL

Leave the sticker in the sun for an hour, then use wifes hair dryer, being carefull to make sure the flakes of sticker get stuck on the said hair dryer prompting wife to knee you in the nuts ;)

Its all in the heat buddy...

The ones on the frame peel right off if you ride around for a bit and let the frame heat up (except for the one with the vin)...  Use a heat gun for the ones on the tank...  The ones on the inners peel of just by letting the sun hit them for a while...

Thanks for the help - Hair Dryer it is.

I just hate those stickers. Use the most $$$ gas you can find sticker and dont put anything between the cowls and handle bars sticker.
deadhorse.gif

Used a heat gun to take stickers off. If used right all glue will come off with stickers. I used laquer thinner to soften up any glue and it came right off. I took my tank off, sanded the clear around the decal and removed it. Then I repainted the tank. Looks Good.

Yeah...the tank ones are a pain.

Heat them up with a hair dryer, peel up the corner with your fingernail, then they will peel off pretty easily if you continue to heat them as you go. Remaining adhesive comes off best with WD40 (which will not damage the paint).
This worked perfect for me and didn't even leave any glue behind at all.

Back