removing pair valve wit stock xhust

I would remove it just because the whole assy including hoses weighs a little over 2lbs. It doesn't hurt anything to remove it

you will need block off plates for the holes (or self tap screws) and block off the vacuum line at the throttle bodies. Mainly a weight loss thing. If you have to do smog test you might need it on there. Dont throw it away... "smog testing, coming to city near you":laugh:

Don't worry about the bracket attached to the engine cases....until you split the cases at some point.

my 2 cents: keep it on until you need to remove it. FWIW, I still have mine on because I turned off the PAIR via ECU editor. The 2 lb weight savings does not bother me a bit plus I do not have to deal with the hassle of removing it and buying/installing block off plates.

my 2 cents: keep it on until you need to remove it. FWIW, I still have mine on because I turned off the PAIR via ECU editor. The 2 lb weight savings does not bother me a bit plus I do not have to deal with the hassle of removing it and buying/installing block off plates.

Hookdaddy, if you have a Gen 1 with stock pipes, leave your airbox alone. The Gen 1 Pair valve sits on a bracket bolted to the front of the motor behind the exhaust pipes. You will not gain any hp from removing it, or lose any from leaving it in place. If you decide to tear it off, you will need a set of four block off plates. If you decide not to remove it, you can disable it by doing the marble mod - plugging the line from the airbox to the Pair valve.

PAIRwght.jpg

BOplttrmplgwt.jpg

I see you ride a Gen 1
.....but On a gen 2, net weight loss, is about 3/4 lb.

With stock exhaust, your cats might get damaged from combustion remnants that will not be getting burnt up w/out the PAIR functioning.

Hookdaddy, if you have a Gen 1 with stock pipes, leave your airbox alone. The Gen 1 Pair valve sits on a bracket bolted to the front of the motor behind the exhaust pipes. You will not gain any hp from removing it, or lose any from leaving it in place. If you decide to tear it off, you will need a set of four block off plates. If you decide not to remove it, you can disable it by doing the marble mod - plugging the line from the airbox to the Pair valve.

thanks everyone well current set is full yoush 4-2-1 k&n air filter pclllusb pair valve removed my question now is what to do with the 2 hose from the pair valve

Back