Removing mirrors

drizzit

Registered
Hey guys,

Anyone have any pics of removing the panels to access the bolts for the mirrors? I bought the Vortex mirror block offs and couldn't see a easy way to get to the bolts to remove the mirrors.

the mirrors have two bolts under the rubber boot 8mm i think, take those out and the mirrors come off.

I know there are only two bolts holding the mirror on, it is just getting to them. I am afraid of just pulling on the plastic that covers them. I don't want to break anything. I guess if I can take off the fairing, I should be able to do this.

Dont take the fairing off. Dont the mirrors fold like the Gen 1's? You should be able to pull the boot up and fold the mirror out of the way to reach the bolt.

I know there are only two bolts holding the mirror on, it is just getting to them. I am afraid of just pulling on the plastic that covers them. I don't want to break anything. I guess if I can take off the fairing, I should be able to do this.

They don't bolt on from the inside. Like the guys have said, fold the mirrors in, pull back on the rubber boots and you can unbolt from the outside.

I guess if I can take off the fairing, I should be able to do this.

You have to take the mirrors off first...just pull back the rubber on the base of the mirror and remove the two bolts. Then repeat for the other side :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I took my mirrors off one time. Rode about 20 miles, went home and put them back on. Love how the bike looks without them but can't stand not knowing what's back there. I'm not afraid of much on the bike, but not having my hindsight brought on instant and severe paranoia.:shocked:

I took my mirrors off one time. Rode about 20 miles, went home and put them back on. Love how the bike looks without them but can't stand not knowing what's back there. I'm not afraid of much on the bike, but not having my hindsight brought on instant and severe paranoia.:shocked:

I've seen a couple Busas with rear facing camera an LCD dash mounted :thumbsup:

Back