gen2 instrument panel removal

havent reied that yet, but it has screws all arround the perimiter of the gauge back, im guessing you gust unscrew it:whistle:

Will have to check that out. I had it off the other day when doing the HID's and was just checking the panel out quickly cause i was in a hurry to get apart hid's installed and back together to ride. Maybe I will have to check it out this weekend when put some new goody go faster stuff on.

Installed my HIDs tonight and this thread pretty much deserves all the credit for making the install a smooth process. I think this thread is actually better than the HID install thread on this site since it has very detailed pictures in terms of actually getting to the bulbs. The replacement of the factory bulbs with the HIDs will take some time in term of contorting your hand into different positions so that you can achieve the goal at hand. Either way, sorry for bringing this back from the grave, but I wanted to give credit where credit is due.

Excellent tutorial guys.
Thank you for the guidance.
That takes the fear of making any big mistakes or overcomplicating the process of getting back into there.

By the way, if anyone has already replaced the stock bulbs in the gauges with colored LED bulbs would you mind sharing the part #'s you used and maybe a couple of pics?
I am thinking of changing the gauge colors from the stock orange to Blue as blue LED seem to be brighter.

Thank you

Back