Removing Akro exhaust

ZeePopo

Registered
So I had installed a Akro exhaust a while back and seems one of the bolts and header pipes must have come loose cuz I'm hearing too much noise coming out of the engine . Pretty sure I have a exhaust leak at the header with one of the tubes slightly missaligned. Problem is I can't separate the exhaust parts. They just won't slip off. Any suggestions on how to take it all part without damaging it or bending it?

So I had installed a Akro exhaust a while back and seems one of the bolts and header pipes must have come loose cuz I'm hearing too much noise coming out of the engine . Pretty sure I have a exhaust leak at the header with one of the tubes slightly missaligned. Problem is I can't separate the exhaust parts. They just won't slip off. Any suggestions on how to take it all part without damaging it or bending it?
Sometimes if you spray a little penetrating oil at the joints, take off the attachment bolts and then wiggle the joints while applying slight pull pressure they will come apart..

I've also seen those "python" style oil filter removers used on both sides of the joint moving in opposite directions..(one up, one down).

Maybe penetrating oil and a heat gun at the joint?

+1
The engine heat cycles so much that pipes can be a real pain to get off sometimes.
I've run into this several times and heat is the trick to get them apart.
The penatrating oil can help also.
My experience with Akropovic has been that their high quality means tight fitting pipes too, so they don't always come apart easily.

Akropovic sells ant seize just for this.

Comes with their exhausts new too.

What! I never got this when I got my exhaust new :banghead::devil:

Comes with their exhausts new too.

But they're stingy
lol

20211013_185954.jpg

20211013_190054.jpg

Back