Removing 08 upper nose cowling?

Speed King

Banned
I am trying to remove and replace the upper nose cowling on my 08 busa.

I know you have to remove the four screws holding the mirrors, what other screws do you have to remove?

Why does everything have to be soo complicated?:banghead:

When I've removed mine. I remove both sides and inner fairings. The textured ones and the radiator shroud ones along with the chin piece. Windscreen. Get your hand behing the fairings and lift the tabs to seperate the sides from the nose. Uhhh I thinks that's about it. When putting the radiator pieces back on make sure they're installed correctly. All push pins line up and the plastic guide rods at the top are in or it'll get old fast.

Need help with anything specific ill try to help.
Posted via Mobile Device

See section 9D-18 of the Gen II Service Manual pinned above as a sticky. Step by step with some pictures. It may help to start at 9D-15 if you don't know how to remove some of the other panels.

Last edited:
Thanks you guys for the help, I diddent know ya had to remove both right and left side fairings to remove the upper nose fairing, man that seems like a lot of work just to remove the upper nose fairing.

Just the way I did it. May not need to. Seems like it would be a pain to line up when reinstalling.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am just a little confused, why do i have to take both right and left side fairing off in order to remove the front upper nose cowling?

? Its not as bad as it sounds. To me once you have everything else off the left side is easy to remove. Just a few more screws pull through the grommets and lift out the disconnect from upper. It only adds a lil time in the grand scheme.

It seems to me the way the upp connects to the sides is what would make it difficult if they were left. One they slide together they're together. You could end up fighting them more than neccesary and break a tab or something.
Posted via Mobile Device

? Its not as bad as it sounds. To me once you have everything else off the left side is easy to remove. Just a few more screws pull through the grommets and lift out the disconnect from upper. It only adds a lil time in the grand scheme.

It seems to me the way the upp connects to the sides is what would make it difficult if they were left. One they slide together they're together. You could end up fighting them more than neccesary and break a tab or something.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanx mattstang

It's something that new owners soon discover, both Gen I & II ... to work on any one part you have to pull at least two to get to the one you're after. :laugh:

Just about anyone can fix a problem its getting to it that takes the skillz. lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

I finally got the dang thing off, problem is i don't know how i am going to get the new one on. Ther is soo many bolts, fasteners and screws. I bet its a hell of a job getting everything back on again.
Say it isn't so, say it isn't so:please::please::please:

ImageShack Links Do Not Work
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Well you got like 1/3 of the job done. Take a breather and come back in the morning when you're fresh. :beerchug:

Well you got like 1/3 of the job done. Take a breather and come back in the morning when you're fresh. :beerchug:
lol, I bet its a biotch getting everything back on but ya never know until you do it. It kind of reminds me of when i was a kid and got my first model airplane trying to figure out what goes where, lol:beerchug:

Back