Removed pair valve

USMCBUSA

Freedom Isn't Free
Donating Member
Registered
Well I thought that this was going to be an easy mod and boy I should have listened to you guys. I have already put on my exhaust a few months ago and I should have done this mod then. It is possible to do this mod with the exhaust on but it is a BIATCH to do unless you have 12yr old size hands. If anyone if gonna do this mod do it while you change your exhaust to save you some heartache.

I'm not as ambitious as you. I did the marble mod for now because my hands are huge and I'm in no hurry to take off the exhaust. The marble did a great job stopping the backfires, but it would be nice to trim the dead weight by removing the pair valve eventually.

I did the marble mod to start with too. I just had some free time on my hands and thought "why not". It was not as easy as I thought and the results are the same so, unless you are worried about wieght the marble works fine.

usmc lets see a big pic of that red/black with the chrome wheels. I bet it looks awesome! Hope to see you on our next group ride, we missed you.

Blocking the intake for the pair valve in the air box is all I've got done right now. Helped with the backfiring.

I saw where Johnny Cheese wrote that the only side effect from blocking the pair at the air box was that it will cause condensation to build up and rust out the "pair".

I'm going to remove it one day just havn't got around to it...
( just so it wont start rusting and possible get in to the engine/exhust and cause unwanted problems)  untill then mine is blocked with the marble.

lmini001.gif

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130686532 -->

I removed mine without messing with the exhaust system...Once you have all the bolts off the pair valve ..rotate the pair v and then pull it out through the gap ....

Back