Pair valve mod

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
I often read guys and gals mentioning "the pair valve mod" after they add an aftermarket full exhaust system.

What does this do exactly? When should you do it?

And, I'm sure there's gotta be a link to instructions on the pair valve mod?

Thanks!

J

Nope. There isn't a link,, anymore. I used to have one, but the pictures died on TMH's third or fourth site.
icon_rolleyes.gif

There aren't any links mainly because;

1) Most of the senior members that did this mod knew what it did and what kind of numbers it presented ON PAPER,, stock or big block are either gone, moved on or just purely tired of refuting the obvious to the naysayers and just live with it in silence.
2) Most are afraid to do it, remove the hardware block it and follow the rest of the croud.
Or 3) The rest (newcomers) who came in about three years too late, don't know and won't know because there is no one that cares to bring it up.

Lucky for you, I know and I am still around,, since 1999!

How many Guinness' can you buy me?  
drink.gif

biggrin.gif

The pair valve takes fresh air from the air box and injects it into the exhaust gasses at the headers. This is to burn off unused fuel/other crap to help emissions.

If you get a full exhaust system, the pair valve will cause backfires. By removing the pair valve, your kicka$$ aftermarket exhaust system won't backfire anymore.

wink.gif

You see! And it didn't take long for it to come in.

That is the most choosen path of least resistance. Remove it, block it and on your way.
laugh.gif

I often read guys and gals mentioning "the pair valve mod" after they add an aftermarket full exhaust system.

What does this do exactly? When should you do it?

And, I'm sure there's gotta be a link to instructions on the pair valve mod?

Thanks!

J
I had RS3's on my busa and when I first got them on I was blowing a flame out the right side pipe about 12 inches long and it sounded like a driveby shooting when I would gear down. Take my advice man if you are gonna run slip ons even do this mod. You'll need it. I just put a Brocks PAIR removal kit on my bike and it looks so good.

Thanks for the all information fellas. I really appreciate it!

Charles, I knew I could count on you to have that run down, if anyone did!
thumbs-up.gif

Nope. There isn't a link,, anymore. I used to have one, but the pictures died on TMH's third or fourth site.
icon_rolleyes.gif

There aren't any links mainly because;

1) Most of the senior members that did this mod knew what it did and what kind of numbers it presented ON PAPER,, stock or big block are either gone, moved on or just purely tired of refuting the obvious to the naysayers and just live with it in silence.
2) Most are afraid to do it, remove the hardware block it and follow the rest of the croud.
Or 3) The rest (newcomers) who came in about three years too late, don't know and won't know because there is no one that cares to bring it up.

Lucky for you, I know and I am still around,, since 1999!

How many Guinness' can you buy me?  
drink.gif

biggrin.gif
At the moment my fridge is FULL of Guinness Draught, Irish Stout and Dinkel Acker dark.

C'mon over. Boy, drinking that Irish Stout is like eating an entire loaf of bread.
smile.gif

I think some people, after all of these years, are still confused as to which is the "Pair Valve Mod" and which is the "Pair Valve Removal".
icon_rolleyes.gif

I'll take four loaves of that bread!
biggrin.gif

Back