removal of pair

telboy

Registered
Ive just fitted a full Akrapovik system (4in1)to my 2001 unrestricted busa, ive been told to remove the pair system does anyone sell the blanking plates needed to cap off the small holes left at exhaust or do i make my own??? do i gain anythink in doing this??? and is it wise to remove the flapper valve??? and if so what gains do i get ive read that a pc will be needed is this true thanks to anyone for any help on this and other mods

There is a lot of info about the PAIR on this site.  If you leave the PAIR stock with an aftermarket full exhaust system you'll get backfires.  There are options on what you can do;

1)the marble method, cheap and easy, you just plug one of the air lines(can't rember which) and problem solved.

2)Buy block off plates and caps(for 2 air lines) and completely remove the PAIR(less weight).

3)Reroute the air lines somewhere else for a supposed HP gain that some claim.  For more info on this, you'll have to search for it.

Anyway my opinion, don't worry about some HP gain or less weight, you remove the PAIR to stop backfiring.  The HP gain and less weight are too small to make any difference. Brock's(a site sponsor) sells the block off plates and air caps.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120469222 -->

Refernce the flapper valve, moding the airbox won't give you more power. You either take away some low end torque to gain a higher hp # or give up a higher hp # for more low end torque. Or something like that, basically you don't make any more power, you just move it somewhere else.

A PC for a full system is recommended, but may not be required. To gain the most hp you'll need a custom map made while being dynoed. If you don't get a pc just be sure to check your plugs more often to make sure you're not running to lean/rich.

Back