Remove powdercoat

Wayneovich

Registered
What can I use to get it off I have a part that has been done and it looks hideous. I didn't pay for the PCing so I can't take it back. I know I can probably get it blasted but I wanted to do this project myself.

Sandblast?? That stuff is strong, goodluck with whatever u do

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Why do you want to remove it? Bad job like runs or bad spots, bad color, dull or ruff. ... It can be fixed I have done it many times. Light sand good cleaning and re coat. Pm if you want more help

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As Russell said, go to a paint store or parts store and ask for "aircraft paint remover". Then get some rubber gloves and a plastic bristle brush. Let the remover sit on the paint for a few minutes and then it will literally come right off with the brush.

I have done this before when a friend and I PC'd some of our own parts.

As Russell said, go to a paint store or parts store and ask for "aircraft paint remover". Then get some rubber gloves and a plastic bristle brush. Let the remover sit on the paint for a few minutes and then it will literally come right off with the brush.

I have done this before when a friend and I PC'd some of our own parts.

Bout the only way to go, i had to weld in some extra pipe to a compund turbo setup for a buddy, had to grind the powdercoat off, little sander wouldnt even touch it

aircraft stripper usually wont take it off you have to burn it off sand it off of spend a lot of time sand blasting

i used it on my passenger pegs to re pc them. i let it sit over night and all i had to do was grab a rag and dry them. the pc was off before i even touched them.

Well I don't think it was powdercoated after all I used some Tal Strip II and it took it clean down to the aluminum. Or either that is some evil stuff LOL

Back