Redline stands

dwilson

Registered
Has anyone used the redline swivel stands . I'm looking to buya set and wanted some feedback on them .

Ian, owner of Redline is a board sponsor, Ive never used that specific stand, but Redline stuff is great quaility so Im sure its the best it can be.

There Ian, I said it, now send me some free stuff :rofl:

No personal experience with the stands, but a friend of mine has a Redline wheel balancer we use. The quality is excellent and it works flawlessly!
I've always heard nothing but good things about all of their products.

just got my redline stands today.very very nice.i did not get the swivel ones though.so i guess this probably doesn't help that much.sorry

Ian, owner of Redline is a board sponsor, Ive never used that specific stand, but Redline stuff is great quaility so Im sure its the best it can be.

There Ian, I said it, now send me some free stuff :rofl:

NO ! It's all mine :laugh:

I have a set of these, for about the last two years. My observations:

The GOOD:
- Having the casters makes it really nice to move your bike around in the garage with limited space.

- Once on the stand, it's very stable, you can climb on it without issue.

The BAD:
- Pay CLOSE attention to setup/lining the prongs up with your spools; the casters amplify any mistake you make.

- Be VERY careful with small rocks/smooth surface; doesn't take much to hang one, and twist the bike right out of the stand.

- These things are SENSITIVE when getting the bike on or off, if you are off just a LITTLE, the prongs may not line up and BLAM goes your bike.

- The front stand has little prongs that go into the hole in the bottom of your fork, if you don't line these up JUST RIGHT, when you apply pressure, one can slip out and scuff up your front fender. And don't EVER EVER EVER put the front one on first, the casters will transition weight much faster than a stand with a fixed wheel, and down the bike goes...

The only time I've dropped my busa was when my rear stand didn't line up and engage correctly, and one side slipped off the spool. You do NOT want to experience this.

No offense Ian. I think you make a good stand, and it does the purpose that it's intended. ANY stand on a caster would create the same issues. But it's not a 'lift and forget' kind of stand like a Pit Bull is and I have both. You MUST pay STRICT attention when using it.

Back