recommendations for electronic boost controller

DStroyer

Registered
Im looking for an electronic boost controller. The smaller the better. Ive heard some say to stay away from these completely, others say they love them. You folks would know best! So, point me in the right direction, and thats what I will buy. Would love to have 2 stages if possible.

Thanks in advance!!

Gary

There are a lot out there, the AMS1000 is an awesome boost controller, it isn't cheap but many rave about it. If you end up deciding to go with a gear based manual controller I can help out and I work cheap
biggrin.gif

www.boostbysmith.com

First question, what do you do with the bike? Street only, strip only? How much boost on low boost and what do you want to go up to? How long is the bike?

Boost controlers are almost mandatory when you get to the >300hp range. Most two stage controlers are mechanical in nature. Smitha builds boost controlers up to 6 stages. (correct me if I'm wrong). Once you go full electronic NLR's AMS1000 is the hot item. It ain't cheap but it does it all. Most people don't need something this robust.

If you're running less than 300hp then I would personaly just use my wrist as the boost controler.

Yes sir up to 6 stages, thats what i like on my bike, 1 stage for each gear thats gear based, if you go up through the gears then back down you never have to reset the controller or do anything other than have fun
biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the info guys. I checked out the ams1000, and your right on both counts, that looks like a great way to go, and its expensive. I appreciate the offer Smithabusa, if I go that route, I will definately hook up with you. Since this isnt in a street application, I never see much passed 3rd gear anyway.

Thanks again,
Gary

Back