Rearsets

FastBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I want to buy a rearset for my busa. On my last bike I did the Buel peg mod. It worked (took the stress off my old knees), but I didn't like having Harly parts on my bike. So with the new bike I want to go with a nice rearset. But which one? I like the aratas but the vortec are cool too. All seem to be very adjustable, so what do you guys use or reccomend?

I just took the big rubber blocks off the top of my pegs.  Gain nearly an inch of leg room.  Not the most attractive pegs without the rubber, but they do the job.

<!--EDIT|BusaWhipped
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143255260 -->

I just cut (today) most of the rubber from an old set I had. I left about 1/8 " on top. I will install them next week to see how they feel. But still not as coo as a nice rear set.

I had the Buells also, didn't like the look so I went with the TLR peg replacements. Nice, they don't drop it as much as the Buells 1 1/2 " but they do drop the heigth about 3/4". Which for me is OK  
race.gif

Did ya see the Rizoma sets in that post just a little down from this...?? Dont know how they feel, but man they look awesome!!!

I have a set from OSF for sale Only been on the bike for less than 20 mile. I couldn't never find a good confort zone do to the bike being so low.

Last time I checked the Gilles were around $465 ! Actually not a bad price and that was from Lockhartphillips (which Streetntrack is a distributor) ! But, my catalog is a 2005 so, price may have changed
blush.gif

On the Rizomas, $51 for folding pegs
tounge.gif
! Does that sound a little high to anyone other than ME
rock.gif

I just installed my Gilles,the only way to describe them is smooth as silk!
smile.gif

So if you're taller (longer legs) on the Busa is a person likely going to need some new adjustable footpegs/rearsets to be comfortable?

Most rearsets will move your foot position back and up. I don't know of any that will lower it from stock. Of course when I was doing my research it was for track-day use so I wasn't looking to lower the pegs. I went with the vortex adjustable and at its lowest and most forward position it's still about 5mm higher and 10mm further back than stock.

-PR

I'm looking into the Gilles, but I hear that they, along with other after-market rearsets are not rubber mounted like the stock rearsets. Now, I would really like to order some Gilles up, but don't want my feet so fall asleep due to vibration on long rides. Can anyone give some input on how much vibration you get while using aftermarket rearsets
rock.gif

I'm looking into the Gilles, but I hear that they, along with other after-market rearsets are not rubber mounted like the stock rearsets. Now, I would really like to order some Gilles up, but don't want my feet so fall asleep due to vibration on long rides. Can anyone give some input on how much vibration you get while using aftermarket rearsets
rock.gif
I'll let you know in a few days,Trying to get ready for Dubai Bike week now.

Back