Rear wheel question

rpm9001

Donating Member
Registered
Ok..stupid question. Everytime I tighten my chain or re-install the wheel I think I over tighten it. I always spin the wheel and it will spin around 1 time and stop. Is this about normal? Yes I torq the the axle nut to 72 lbs and then back it off to incert the pin, so I know I did not over tighten it.

It's just one of thoes stupid things that bug me every time,,, So hell I'm just going to ask... Does your wheel spin more freely? or does it seem tight to only spin around once with a good spin of the wheel.

Mine will go around a time and a half or so right after a good clean/lube on the chain. That is a heavy tire and wheel and your are turning a part of the tranny too. Not sure if that helps.

Don

Last time I had mine on the stand , I was thinking the same thing ...." Hmmmm , this thing dosen't freewheel much " . So I guess we're in the same boat !
biggrin.gif

Now I feel better:) Just something I wondered about. Thanks! I guess it's normal. Boy, the little things that bug me....

Just lubed my chain the other day, and thought, damn, that thing spins a long time now. I know it doesn't really help, you, but mine seems fairly smooth and free to rotate. (How many times it spins is farely subjective, and directly related to how much spinach you've eaten.)
smile.gif

The rear wheel on Chuck Norris 's 'busa spins till he tells it to stop.

Mine seems reluctant to rotate freely too. One turn sounds about right. My bike has high milage and I worry about bearings?? Do they have any...er, bearing on the outcome of free-wheeling the back tire?

The rear wheel on Chuck Norris 's 'busa spins till he tells it to stop.

Mine seems reluctant to rotate freely too. One turn sounds about right. My bike has high milage and I worry about bearings?? Do they have any...er, bearing on the outcome of free-wheeling the back tire?
Bad....
devil.gif

The rear disk brake drags a little even when the brake isn't applied. It's normal for disk bakes to do that.

Back