Rear tire?

I gotta disagree about the handling aspects of the Shinko. Does it handle as well as a "normal" tire? No, not with its flatter profile, but my bike handled as good as could be expected at Deals Gap, enough that I could out ride several others there and I am not a corner carver. And they handle fine in the rain, as long as they are not worn out, like Browns always are
:rofl:

And they handle fine in the rain, as long as they are not worn out, like Browns always are
:rofl:
They get worn out when you actually race on them, not just leave them on the bike while you are in the tower announcing......:poke::rofl:
Just teasing. I had 3 experiences getting caught in the rain on 003's and I was fighting the bike from coming around every time. Maybe they were just worn, but I can't say anything good about their wet weather handling.

i have a power one pr3 now. good tire, just wondering if there is any thing better like bt016? wanting a light tire. im stock length so hooking up come easy for me.

They get worn out when you actually race on them, not just leave them on the bike while you are in the tower announcing......:poke::rofl:
Just teasing. I had 3 experiences getting caught in the rain on 003's and I was fighting the bike from coming around every time. Maybe they were just worn, but I can't say anything good about their wet weather handling.

I meant that yours were worn from the three minute burnouts:thumbsup:

Besides, I don't think there was a bike that went down I-57 more than mine last year, except for maybe that clapped out R-6:lol:

I've been running a shinko u soft for a while now. Just ordered the new shinko hook cause it supposed to be lighter. And my short times are nornally better than 1.49 WITHOUT wheelie bar and slick:laugh:

Maybe I missed it, but if your at stock length there is no reason to run a super soft sticky tire. All it is going to do is eat up some of your hp. At stock length the stock tire works great, and will get much more life than these that are being mentioned. When my bike was at stock length I never ran less than 42 psi in the stock rear tire and had no problem ripping off 1.49's:beerchug: If you dont need the softer tire all it is going to do is eat some of your mph

I just went back to a Shinko U soft..ran a power one on my
old bike. both stock wheelbase...i like the shinko better

Whats up guys im thinking about ordering the Michelin Power Pure from listening to the post ive had the shinko 003's and didnt really have any problem or the track or the road but these sound like they might be better i was wondering tho should i go with 180 or 190 i goto the dragstrip on fridays and ride alot on the roads and didnt know which size i should get

Matt, the 003 isn't as good as the 003 U-soft, they last about the same and the U-soft hooks much better. Neither are very good in the twisties. Both are worthless in the rain.
The mickey is a great track tire, but will not last long on the street.
The Michellin Pilot seems about comparable with the mickey as far as hooking, and is lighter and wears better on the street.
For your situation I would suggest the Pilot.:beerchug:

i had an 003 on the rear of m old R1. i got caught out in a huge down poor and i never one problem with it even at 65mph. i was shocked but it worked really good believe it or not

Back