rear sprocket carrier cracks?

G

While lubing chain, I noticed what appear to
be horizontal cracks in a 3 inch section of
the carrier casting. I don't know if it is
fresh or if it was there when new. Dealer
called zuki, says its ok. Should I worry
about my hub breaking up at ahem, hiway speeds? Dealer checked new bike on floor,said
carrier looked smooth. Thanks ahead for replies. nick

This subject has come up before. Need to look closer. to verify if actually cracked, or just casting flaws. It uses same carrier AS 98 ~ 99 GSXR 750. I have run the hell out of mine, (Busa) for almost a year, street and 1/4 mi. track. No problems.

Suzuki calls these "cosemtic-flaws", a casting problem ... they refuse to provide any data to verify ... as a metalurgist ... only that no one killed yet!
Dealer suggests getting a jewlers magnfied glass, bright light and "check it closely"
I removed hub, cleaned and examined, by eye only ... have not done the magnification exam yet.

its ok, had mine checked by suzuki when i had my original rim and it was fine. Went out onto the floor to a brand new busa and it had the same thing with no miles on it. Your hub is ok.

Yep, I agree with Vegas. I have a brand new (1 mile) blue busa in my den with the same cosmetic flaws. My 99 had the same. Hey Vegas e-mail me sometime. I changed jobs the first of year and have different e-mail address. Vicky and I are planning another trip to your fair city. edonald@premdor.com
I would like to ask your thoughs on something.

Back