Rear spring

karnage

Registered
Trying to decide what rear spring to go with.900 or 1000 lb.Dont really think I need the 1400 lb spring for the rear.What do you stretched lowered guys running in the rear??

Your weight and how much two up riding you do, as well as what kind of stretch you have ? would be good info I would think.

check with golden...he may have your part or can locate it. it is an easy swap provided you have some basic tools / ability. if you change the valving i would just send it out. i have a 6in over arm...with my weight and arm i am using a spring value less than the calculator spit out on suspension site.

6 over I am about 190, no 2 up.Will be lowered again about 1.5 inches in the rear.13.1 is stock, Trac says 15.2 for a 175lb rider.Dont know the conversion.I put a new spring on but I guess it was pretty much stock at 700lbs.It was taller, bigger round and stiffer than stock but I rub still when lowered.

what are you after? race only / street with some race? with a hard hit it will squat and do its thing...if your concern is to compensate for the arm it will be stiffer and you may feel little difference over stock..have you rubbed parts so far?

i was going for a way to heavy spring and ended up with one that will bring up the front tire but not mash the undertail under the 1000# area

Tracdynamics 900, 8in stretch, lowered front and rear. Rubbed a few times while 2 up, but other than that, never.

Back