Opinions on the rear shock please...

dane789

Registered
Hey guys...... I'm not exactly what you would call a little guy, I'm 6'6" 340 lbs and I carry a 110 lb passenger from time to time. My busa has a 6" over arm on it and i would like to upgrade the rear suspension ( ya think? LOL)

Any opinions on just going to a heavier spring vs. having the whole shock and spring assy done? The bike wont see any track time. It's just a street machine with a stage 1 turbo. I don't want to put money into a high end upgrade if all I really need is a new spring.

Thanks,
Dan

With a stretch, I would assume it's lowered as well?

With that much weight on and extended arm, I'm not sure you can buy a spring tough enough to work well? If you are lowered, that compounds the problem.

You can certainly use more spring. However, a spring heavy enough to support the weight, the stock valving will be over whelmed. Spring and valves would certainly be needed.

I'd call several suppliers and get their recommendations. I certainly wouldn't take the word of a single supplier. I'd almost bet you will get three different suggestions if you ask three different suppliers!

Sorry I can't really give you solid advise on this one. As our infamous president once said, "This is above my pay grade"!

send your shock to traxxion dynamics,they will rebuild it to compensate for the stretch and weight. using the stock shock with your weight and a passanger isnt a good idea. do a search,there are a ton of threads on this subject

Dan,

You are going to need a spring and valving. With just a spring, the rebound valving will not be enough to control the increased spring rate. Also you have moved the pivot point changing the ratio by adding the 6" arm.

Back