rear sets

card16969

Registered
Ok so my bike is all silver and gray and ive been looking for a set of silver or just aluminum rear sets and havnt been able to find any, i contacted vortex and they only have black or gold and asked if i could get a set in silver and they said they will not send out a unfinished piece and will not coat in a different color which i thought was stupid. So being a smartass i went to ebay and searched and found a guy who does cnc rearsets and i wanted your guys opinions. Im new to busas and am a bigger guy 5'11 and 285. So im wondering how these things will hold up for daily riding and an ocasional standup wheelie (hey fat kids can have fun too). They are cheap thats what has me worried

CNC Rearsets Foot rests GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa silver FR9 | eBay

We've had mixed results on eBay stuff. Some are terrible and other work just find, such as chazzo levers. If it were me, I'd get some vortex or other brand and have em powdercoated or just media blasted to bare metal. That's my expert amphibious opinion. :thumbsup:
Droid via Tapatalk

About half of all parts you will find on ebay are good but the other half not so. Products such are perfectly fine.
I did shop for rearsets and my only concern was that if they had the appropriate connector for the rear brake light... I would ask the seller. If he says yes then there would be no reason not to buy them

We've had mixed results on eBay stuff. Some are terrible and other work just find, such as chazzo levers. If it were me, I'd get some vortex or other brand and have em powdercoated or just media blasted to bare metal. That's my expert amphibious opinion. :thumbsup:
Droid via Tapatalk

ive done alot of ebaying for other projects and learned the same lesson and ive got a blasting cabinet i can do that just sucks to buy something then have to do all that work

About half of all parts you will find on ebay are good but the other half not so. Products such are perfectly fine.
I did shop for rearsets and my only concern was that if they had the appropriate connector for the rear brake light... I would ask the seller. If he says yes then there would be no reason not to buy them

i just went through and re read it and saw that it needs a diff brake switch and you have to modify parts etc..... lol one thing i hadnt thought of thanks guess thats why its only 100$ lol

I have bought an exhaust from that seller a few months back and am very happy with the results so far. The exhaust was as advertised, a good quality product also had fast shipping for overseas, very good packaging and good communication.

I have also considered that very set.

Scott

I have some titanium gilles rearsets for a gen1 if interested..they have maybe 5 1/4 passes on them... come with CF heelguards..

I have some titanium gilles rearsets for a gen1 if interested..they have maybe 5 1/4 passes on them... come with CF heelguards..

what are you looking to get out of them, im just shopping around right now wasnt rushing out to buy anything but for the right price anything is possible

Back